Notices

Starting over

Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over

Over the last several months I have been trying to slow my drinking down enough to detox at home. I have not been able to get medical help for this. I was unable to successfully slow down. So today I am going to detox at home. I did this about 1 1/2 years ago and stayed sober 23 days. It was very difficult. Day 1 was easy. Day 2 not to bad. Day 3 bad Day 4 the worst stomach ache of my life. Still a little foggy on 5,6,7 and then good to 23. I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHY I STARTED AGAIN.
So as of now it has been 16 hours since I had a drink and counting. Please say a prayer for me if it is within what you believe.
Thank you
Diana, grandma 3333
Old 02-28-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

And huge great cyber-prayers are on their way for you, grandma!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Best of Luck, Sweetie! Stay safe. Call for help if things start to get too bad. Detox can be dangerous.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I will keep the phone close today. I have a bad headache already. Lots of aches and pains too. I really want this. My kids would be so proud of me. My check book would have money in it. Some of my friends would get used to it. But this is for me.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Grandma, you can do this! You're on the right path, and we are all there with you.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending up prayers for your serenity and sobriety.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

UPDATE,
It's almost 19 1/2 hours since my last drink. Head ache, stomach ache, chills. I made a fire in the fire place to stay warm. It's snowing and wind chills around 20 degrees below zero. I really don't want to go outside and head for the tavern around the corner. My husband drinks so there is booze in the house. I am staying on here alot today. SR is a safe place for me to be. Thank you all for being here.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so with you Grandma. Last Wed, the 19th I had an appoint with my dr, he suggested in patient detox. I argued it wasn't feasible due to work commitments, etc. After much debate he allowed me to go home with a valium script. I didn't make it to the pharmacy as en route home on the train I was doing my hardest not to vomit. I made it home just in time. The rest of the evening/night I vomited continually, I couldn't hold down a sip of water, literally. I still had a couple of beers in the fridge and although the thought of drinking them made me gag, if I could have, I would have, just to take the pain away. I have withdrawn a few times but never anything like this, my body was not just shaking, but twitching, I was so afraid of having a seizure. My friend called me, I tried to speak to her in between tears, I was so breathless, she could barely hear a word I said, she eventually had to put the phone down because I was wrenching so much, even into the kitchen sink because the bathroom was too far away!

My stomach cramps were awful, on the occasion when I did manage to wee, it was beyond the point of amber, it was practically brown!

This was beyond doubt the most excruciating experience of my life......and I did it to myself.........yet, I still haven't learned, I picked up again two days later. Tomorrow is my one millionth day one!

I tell you all this, not to scare you, but warn you. I'm a registered nurse and I should have known better, I was very close to complete body shut down last Wed night, there is no way I should have allowed myself to be alone in that physical state.

I've now got my Diaz prescription from the pharmacy and so hence the journey begins tomorrow, this time i'll medicate before allowing myself to travel so far down the track.

I know there are advocates on here for no pharmaceutical withdrawal........all I will say is alcohol withdrawal is dangerous and life threatening, take any help you can get......and if it gets too much, don't be stubborn like me, call an ambulance, they won't look down on you or judge you......I assure you, i'm an emergency nurse and the only thing we care about when someone comes to the department in severe withdrawal is reducing their symptoms and preventing seizures/death.

good luck.

LP
Old 02-28-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Almighty and Everlasting God, the eternal salvation of those who believe in You, hear us on behalf of Your servants who are sick, for whom we humbly beg the help of your mercy, so that, being restored to health, they may render thanks to you in your Church. Through Christ our Lord. Amen

Best of luck Grandma, we are with you.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Diane and welcome back

I hope things will go ok for you but if you feel you need medical help, remember the ER is always an option.

There are also a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free Clinics - NeedyMeds
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 02-28-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good luck and if you feel too poorly please see a doctor xxx
Old 02-28-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

www.district09aa.org/‎
Old 02-28-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My doctor knows I'm doing this and I just spoke to someone at the hospital here. They are checking to see if our hospital will do a detox. If they will I will be going in on Monday. but I'm still going to try to do this today. Thank you so much
Old 02-28-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

20 1/2 hours. I almost earned that 24 hour chip that I carry around. I can do this
Old 02-28-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Grandma.......detox at home, that's some painful shi$ you're going through. Be careful and prayers to you.