Courage To Change 02/28/14

Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/28/14

Turning over my will and my life to the care of a Higher Power (the Third Step) is an ongoing process. At first I surrendered only the big problems. I felt I had no choice -- I was clearly powerless, and my best efforts had let me down. There was nowhere left to turn except to a Power greater than myself who could accomplish what I could not.
As my recovery progressed, I came to trust this Higher Power. Today I am pursuing a deeper relationship by improving my conscious contact with my Higher Power. When I face a decision, whether it involves dealing with an alcoholic, accepting a job offer, or making plans for the evening, I asked for guidance. When I pick up the phone to speak with an Al-Anon friend, I asked that I might serve as a channel from my Higher Power. I can't always know my Higher Power's will, but I can seek greater spiritual awareness every day by becoming willing to receive guidance.

Today's Reminder

Faith takes practice. I will include my Higher Power in more of my actions and decisions today

"Step Three suggests I teach myself, from this moment on, to be receptive, to open myself to help from my Higher Power."
~ Al-Anon's Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions