Notices

Am I a Dead Man? HELP!

Old 02-25-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I a Dead Man? HELP!

I got my liver checked 7 months ago and I was A OK. I'm 25, 170 lbs, very physically active and sports minded. This was my excuse to continue drinking. I would usually take between 1-3 ideally 4 days off drinking a week. But when I drank I would nearly kill a fifth each time. I had a couple of 2 week stints one week stints of sobriety. My last bender was a week ago and I went 6 days, starting with a bottle of wine then building until I finished with a 5th+. I am now 6 days sober. I feel pretty good. I'm in AA. Have a health plan. My question is. Am I a dead man already anyway? I drank this way for 2.5 years. HELP!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is something you need to talk to your dr about. Good for you with 6 days sober!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I highly doubt it at 25 and considering you feel good! Still getting a blood test again is a good idea.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone can diagnose you here thelonghaul

Get a check up - most of us have found it's not as bad as we feared.
You have youth on your side.

If it turns out ok for you with the results, don't use it as an excuse to keep drinking - the longer we drink the less chance we have of a full body recovery.

You don't want to be still worried about this stuff at 40.

D
Old 02-25-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ask your doctor to do liver function tests, as well as some others. Congrats on six days sober.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA member

Congratulations on your sober time.

As you are concerned about your health get checked out by your Doctor,as others have said.

If you remain sober I am sure you will be fine.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on 6 days. See your Dr if you have concerns. I dont think the folks at SR can answer your medical query
Old 02-25-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're not a dead man or you wouldn't be posting. You have enough to worry about. You'll be fine. Go to a doctor so you can breathe easier. Great job and Blessings.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

wow thanks for all this guys and girls. I would've responded sooner but I left work all bent out of shape so i did i huge run and big workout at the gym. never felt better in my life. other than a still upset stomach (which is getting better everyday). i'm not gonna use this good feeling to drink tho. i think i'll see a doctor tomorrow to put my mind at ease (i hope). but i feel a great weight off my shoulders knowing you guys are here with me. God Bless, thanks everyone
Old 02-26-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on 6 days xxxxxx
Old 02-26-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thelonghaul View Post
wow thanks for all this guys and girls. I would've responded sooner but I left work all bent out of shape so i did i huge run and big workout at the gym. never felt better in my life. other than a still upset stomach (which is getting better everyday). i'm not gonna use this good feeling to drink tho. i think i'll see a doctor tomorrow to put my mind at ease (i hope). but i feel a great weight off my shoulders knowing you guys are here with me. God Bless, thanks everyone

Congrats! Obviously we can't answer medical questions but you're young and otherwise healthy. The body has a great capacity to heal itself once we quit poisoning it. You would probably be feeling terrible if you'd damaged yourself beyond repair.