finally spoke up

Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

finally spoke up

I finally spoke up today. I haven't had the courage to say anything about his drinking. In the past, he usually blames me and throws things back in my face and it becomes about what I'm always doing wrong, lots of verbal smashing.

I was feeling angry this morning and feeling helpless because I knew he had a bunch of beer last night. He was up late so I was worried about him driving. I was mad at myself because I let him drive our baby to daycare. He asked me why I was angry and I told him because I should have drove her. He asked me why and I said that I am worried about how much you had to drink last night and how late you stayed up because I don't know [how much he had].

Then he put it on me which I'm used to at this point. So it didn't surprise me but I did acknowledge what I should have done too...like he said, well you could have just said that rather than getting all cranky. And I said, you're right I should have. Then he pointed it out all the good things he did while staying up late, he folded laundry (while drinking)...he is functioning. I said yeah, that is great but if you get in a car accident and she dies those things don't matter.

Then he told me I could drive her from now on since I don't trust him and because I don't know what he is doing. I said, ok, I'm fine with that. And I am, I know I can count on me. I feel good.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Sllyappl))

Remember, just because someone says it doesn't make it true ~

Try not to take all those nasty things he says & throws back at you personal ~ I know that's not easy ~ but really it has nothing to do with you - he's just doing what alcoholics do.

Keep doing what is healthy for you & your daughter ~ Both of you deserve that!!

Pink hugs!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Excellent job! Your child has to be #1.... PERIOD! Stay Strong, MOM!