Sort of had an Epiphany.....

Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sort of had an Epiphany.....

So yesterday my daughter had a cheer competition, my husband came to this one which was good. He normally does not go. He has alot of anxiety around big crowds, the comps are VERY crowded and very loud. It was good for him to go and support her.

I always sit with a certain group of moms who are my good friends. Our kids hang out together and it is always a really fun time. One of the moms told me yesterday one of the girls on our team's parents just got divorced. Her dad is in jail for meth use. I was blown away, this is a successful reporter for our area, his x-wife is a doctor.

Right after that, their daughter came and sat on my lap (we were short some seats lol). I asked her how she was doing and she said she has lots of family and friends and a great mom and that she knows it is all going to be ok. That she prays for her dad but only he can decide to get better and she knows that.

WOW. Here is this 14 year old girl that just spit out what it has taken me years to come to with my own husband. And you know what, she is right. No matter what happens in my own relationship and no matter what path my husband chooses to go down, we are going to be ok. I have great kids who know I support them, I love them, we have a HUGE support system. We will be ok no matter what.

It was such a relief to finally get it. I felt so good, like a million tons was lifted from my shoulders. I finally Let Go and am Letting God. What a relief!

I hope everyone has a blessed day, as usual, thank you for listening to my ramblings!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your post reminds me of that show "Are you smarter than a fifth grader."
Old 02-24-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Clearly for me..the answer is no! That's ok...that little girl just taught me so much. I told her that too! It takes a village...for the parents and the children!

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Your post reminds me of that show "Are you smarter than a fifth grader."
Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's amazing how resilient kids are & how they could often teach us a lesson on Acceptance. I would be SO excited if DD had a friend who was as self-confident & emotionally aware like that!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopeful, when my STBXAH moved out, I was a wreck. I really did have to stay busy as everyone suggested, or else I cried nonstop! I told my kids that I was trying but couldn't stop so please be patient with me. Then, we went out and did things with friends, went shopping, etc. I was fine with that (as long as we did not discuss 'the move', lol) but cried as soon as I got home and saw the disarray. Anyway, oldest ds and dd did not cry at all! They laughed, they joked. That ds even helped his father move and was in great spirits! I asked them if they were sad and they said "no, not really. We know this is for the best!" Kids really are much more mature and flexible than we frequently give them credit for!