Notices

New Here- Hello

Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New Here- Hello

This is my first time here. I'm glad to be here, hope I can encourage and be encouraged. I'm really struggling with abusing Rx drug Ritalin. I've been prescribed it for years but I'm not taking it as directed. I'm afraid I'm addicted or at least overly dependent on it. I want to gain control and take as directed or just quit entirely. I'm so angry at myself and have so much shame. Thanks for listening.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Hindsfeet

I have no experience with ritalin at all but I know others will - glad you've found us.

D
Old 02-23-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ive used that stuff a few times and its nothing pretty..im new to and still trying to figure this place out..have u gone to meetings? im an opiate addict and alcohol and the AA meetings really help..i know they got a PA [pills anonymous] as well..u really should be honest with ur dr.about the abuse so they can help u..i wish u the best!!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hadnt thought of the P.A. Group, but will look into it. That sounds promising. I know I should discuss this with my doctor but, to be honest, I am avoiding doing so. Thanks you guys for your suggestions, thoughts, and support. Just admitting it here has helped.