Notices

21 days strong after a night of temptation

Old 02-23-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

21 days strong after a night of temptation

I'm 21 days sober today.

I chose not to post anything about my plans for last night because I was pretty sure what the response would be, don't go. But I did go. I attended a charity benefit concert (with members of my favorite band) out of town. I was going with a new friend and was going to be staying at one of my party buddy's house with a few other party buddies. Of course, when I got there they offered me a drink. I told them that I'm not drinking anymore and gave them a few reasons why. I didn't use the "A" word because that sometimes makes people uncomfortable and that was the last thing I wanted to do to my friends. This is awesome my friends are: they were completely supportive and told me they were proud of me. I was immediately at ease. We had a cook out and went to the show. I didn't even bother showing my ID to get a wristband because I was not drinking. My buds kept me in ice cold water all night. When we got back to my friends house is what I was most worried about. The after party is always alcohol fueled and goes into the early morning and it would have been really easy to start taking shots of whiskey with them. But I didn't, I sat with them and talked and laughed about old times and it was fun.
Lessons learned:
My friends are awesome
I am a strong woman
I can have fun without drinking

My journey continues with more strength and confidence
Old 02-23-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 21days and a huge shoutout to your mates, fantastic that they were so supportive.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you for staying sober in the face of temptation. And congrats on three weeks sober!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SeaScape

That is great post. go you

I went to a party last night also and had a great time and didn't drink. I was so thrilled. I was also sober at a super bowl party this year. I laughed and enjoyed myself alot at both parties. I don't feel like I am missing out on something any longer when I think of not drinking. I am so grateful for this feeling.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good work!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Jill, thanks for sharing this...the actions of your friends and your lessons learned made me smile. Your are indeed a strong woman. And well done on 21 days sober, ace job my friend
Old 02-23-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It feels so good when we make it through those challenges. 21 days is great - and it'll keep getting better.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done Jill23