Notices

7 days and counting...

Old 02-22-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 days and counting...

Hey,

I been going to NHS for 2 moths weekly. I have been to Substance Missuse Team meetings weekly. I have tried to get into hospital treatment for 5 weeks. I tried to get benzos or valium from my GP. Everybody said that just slowly calm down, drink less and lets see what we can do in three weeks or pay £3k in private care where they give you the pills.

Because I had a history of few seizures they would not provide house detox.

I finally got sick of this this BS and decided to kick it on my own since I had benzos home. I called my family doctor, he made me a schedule. I called somebody to stay with me all the time ( which was my partner who knows CPR etc ) I started w 2.5mg in the morning, another 2.5mg afternoon and 2.5 before bed time, sticking to that and then reducing.

It has been a week without a drink. I eat more, I see the world more clearly. I got into a new AA group with people my own age. I go to weekly other meetings. I been to parties, I have been to bars and I have finally have the courage to say NO, just sparkling water please.

When you kick the devil out of your system you feel and see everything again in a new light. I love myself and my life so much more. So there is hope. I think the biggest challenge is to get there mentally. Anybody can kick it and jump on the wagon straight away, it takes guts not to jump on the wagon.

Stay strong out there <3.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

keep on

Bestwishes, m
Old 02-22-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober weeks.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing OK Dino.

D