Courage To Change 02/22/14

Old 02-22-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/22/14

I had problems making decisions because my standards were impossible to achieve. I wanted to make decisions that would get me exactly what I wanted, or I didn't want to make them at all. I learned in Al-Anon that no one can know in advance all the consequences of any decision. We can only take the information at hand and do our best in choosing thoughtfully.
I don't have to make decisions alone. I can turn to God and ask for help. Over time I have come to realize that this help takes many different forms -- a meeting topic that offered perspective, a tug at my stomach, a "coincidence. "And sometimes God speaks through others. When members share their experience, strength, and hope, I listen carefully to how they handled similar situations.
In the grand scheme of things, no single decision is ever really that important. I can do my best to make decisions wisely, but the results are in the hands of a Higher Power.

Today's Reminder

With the help of a Higher Power, decision-making can be one of life's Great adventures. Each crossroad brings a new challenge, and I am capable of dealing with whatever comes my way.

"When I used to make specific requests [of God], I was so busy waiting for them to be granted that I didn't realize the answers were staring me in the face."

~As We Understood…
Old 02-22-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Yeah.

Dammit, Jebus, did I not order a Triple-Layer Super-Sized Git-Me-Better-NOW Jalopena Cheese Burger or what?

Did I say NOW?

and would you finally fix that damn woman thing while you are at it?

[still hate these daily readings, Carlotta. THANK YOU.]
Old 02-22-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for taking the time to post these ... I do not have a book and find this very helpful.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wouldn't it be great if all our decisions were win-win? *sigh*

But, when you choose one path, you relinquish the others....we just don't like that, do we?

Thank you, Carlotta!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Wouldn't it be great if all our decisions were win-win? *sigh*

But, when you choose one path, you relinquish the others....we just don't like that, do we?

Thank you, Carlotta!
No, we don't! Yes, thank you Carlotta!