Notices

"funny" facebook posts

Old 02-21-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"funny" facebook posts

Going through facebook feed I notice that so many of the "funny" posts are about alcohol. So many of the cute little things that people post I would have thought were hilarious until recently when I finally decided to do something about my alcohol problem. One of my friends just posted a cute little saying about coffee and wine. It said "Lord, give me coffee to change the things I can, and give me wine to accept the things I can't". I would have thought that was funny in the past, and true. I also have a magnet on my fridge that someone gave me that says "I wine when I cook", also true in the past. Someone who knows how much I like wine but doesn't know the extent of it just gave me a cute little plaque that says "when in doubt, add more wine". My roommate has a wine glass that says "Wine a little, you'll feel better". Never noticed how prevalent these "funny" references to drinking are until I tried to stop.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Yeah, they're everywhere. The funny thing is that the normies don't really believe them.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mary2

It's just a laugh though. Just look then move on
Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. Now, we see it as basically quoting our/an AV. Makes it so much easier to reach for the wine with a little chuckle. Dang that AV is sneaky. Talk about a "wolf in sheep's clothing," eh? It even found a way to get out of our heads and publish itself on magnets, plaques, glasses, t-shirts, bumper stickers, commercials. . . we see you AV, and no matter how cute, cuddly, or funny you present yourself, you won't make us drink.