Notices

Starting to feel normal

Old 02-20-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting to feel normal

Well I'm on day ten AGAIN and just starting to like myself again, I never wanna go back to that feeling of day 1 I'm working towards my two years sober again and doing it one day atta time it's great to be able to look in the mirror again and see and feel hope, to get back to my fitness training and to be a good mummy to my two young children god bless SR family
Old 02-20-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, that feeling is quite common. Never wanting to go back from where you were. 2 years seems like a long time to get back to feeling normal. When I was fed up with everything, and worked all 12 steps. I started to feel normal at about step 10 or 11 which took about 4 months, maybe 6 months tops. I could talk to other people and look them in the eye, I could relate to them and go on with casual converstation. I could let go of resentments and feel at ease, at peace, in harmony with nature. It was so freeing. I am a rock bottom drunk, come from skid row, the streets. Once I saw other people who have recovered I never diddley daddled, I never took it slow and easy because I knew from past expiriences that when I did that, I relapsed hard core. When I started to crash cars up, and lose jobs I was a little concerned, when I went to the penitentiary I was very concerned.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on day 10, Savarna, stick with it, you can do it x