Notices

Dearest Struggling Newcomers

Old 02-20-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Smile Dearest Struggling Newcomers

Yesterday I read a lot of posts, and seen how I USED to be.

People would tell me I wasn't an alcoholic, so I thought, yeah your right, then continue with the painful insanity.

The one's I thought should support me didn't, because they wanted to keep drinking, so I made that an issue. I suppose I wanted my way with it. If I'm making a choice to stop, so should you.

So you've had some good sober time, and not happy.

The same record keeps running and running and running around in your head. You THINK, your life can't change. You think it's to hard, to change. So you continue to stay trapped, carrying a huge weight behind you. Not fun is it?
--------------------------------
Time to do some work, be patient and gentle with yourself
--------------------------------
For me today. I don't listen to what others have to say, if they don't want to support me. I have an addiction, that once had me, not today. I'll do whatever it takes not to go back to that living hell, because that's what it is.

Some seem to think a person has to be in a ditch to be an alkie. Some don't get it, or just want to ignore the fact, a person is crying out for help.

It's not the amount you drink, it's what it does to you, plain and simple.

You've got some good sober time in, and not happy about it. Well do something about that, it's up to us to find happiness. I make it a daily conscious effort to be happy, and it's working. I'm working hard on changing things, and it's working.

A new home doesn't get built if no one is working on it.

Oh and that old record, going around and around in your head, lordy, can that make a person dizzy, and then some. I used to live in the past. Today, that one's a mystery to me, why I chose to live there. A lot of boo hooing, poor me went on. I don't know how to fix myself. Not today, I grabbed hold of that old record and tossed it like a frisbie.

Ahhhhh there we go, why didn't I do that years ago.

I don't need to label myself, neither do you. I had a drinking problem. Keep it simple.

This is about YOU YOU YOU YOU, no one else. The blame can only be tossed around for so long, it only ends up, coming back and smacking us in the face.

Work in change, it's worth all the energy you put into it.

I feel so much better today, you can too.

Try different things, life has so much to offer us.

Mediation is a gift, learn to do it, there's all kinds of resources. I do it in the morning once I get up, it's so calming, it puts you in a good frame of mind, a peaceful one. I highly recommend it.

Take care of your beautiful selves. Life isn't easy. It's life. We weren't put here to live in misery.

Time to let it all go. Go open your window, toss it all out, the wind will carry it away.

This message has been typed with a lot of care, and a lot of life. Time to FREE yourself, what are you waiting for???

Flips a freedom key to you. Jump up, grab hold of it. Freedoms staring you right in the face. Roll up your sleeves, we've got some work to do Find a program that works for you, don't get lazy, use it.

I found this image, and thought WOW!!! That used to be me. Not anymore.

Can you see yourself in this image? Doesn't it look painful having to carry that weight around daily, when you don't have to.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Thank you so much for your thoughtful post.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Old 02-20-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What an awesome post to read before I start my day.

THANK YOU @jus !!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for such an inspiring post, it's one that I will revisit I'm sure. When I read messages like this I feel truly blessed to have found SR and all the love and support shared here.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jus - a friend of mine has ended up with a beautiful tattoo on her body, inspired by the same idea, I think. Kind of a beautiful birth sequence of a butterfly inked on her skin. She's a former heroin addict. Thanks for your post; I love your avatar and was going to give you a shout out earlier
Old 02-20-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used the pic in your 1st post as my avatar I loved it so much. Hope thats okay???
Old 02-20-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Can you feel the STRENGTH??? I sure can.

InTheEnd.....you bet. It's a good reminder

Thanks everyone.

This is one of the best inspirational videos I've found. POWERFUL!!! I listen to it a lot.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Thank you for this post! There is so much in it to use - i will reread it again today
I LOVE that image of the butterfly trying to fly with the rock weighing it down.

I never realized how much I was weighing myself down...by trying to manage my drinking, rationalizing it - cheers to freedom - it is only achieved after some serious work! I am still in process but I have tasted it and it is the delicious!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

thank you Jus! I can relate.. I feel drinking is a monkey on my back carried around for all to see.. (even though of course I think I am so good at hiding it)..

Really thanks for taking the time to post!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Talking I Smell FREEDOM

And the day comes where you've FREED yourself.

This will be you. Isn't it a pretty site? You're free to come and go as you please. You've blossomed into a more, magnificent human, that you already are

Life is good. Embrace it! Don't waste it.

And if that little annoying voice tries to pester you, find a mantra that works for you. Repeatedly YELL it out, I did and it works. Also think about this image if that little voice, wants to take up space in your head, I think this might help

It's better to have fun building the new you, no gloomy stuff, bleck to that.

And one of my favourite things. Music Music and more Music

Time to celebrate the new you. That means getting up off your chair and DANCE.....I mean it, get up out of that chair and DANCE. Your body and soul will love it.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to all the recent new members. Bumping this thread back up to make it easy to find. Read and heed!

You. Can. Do. This.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Thanks Nonsensical.

I'm yelling it out with you

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

No more excuses
No more blaming others
For your choices

It's a good day, to break away from that needless weight you drag behind you.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I really like "Keep it simple"

It's soo true, worrying about this and that, about labels or about other people, thinking about the past or stressing about the future.

Slow life way down and just focus on TODAY . . . am I drinking TODAY?? no I'm not!! . . . job done!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

good stuff!!
Old 02-28-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

A little reminder
Old 02-28-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Really needed this thanks x
Old 02-28-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

And to the newcomers, there is no sugar coating, this will be the toughest decision of your life! There is no easy way out, you just have to take one minute, hour, day at a time! You have found a great support system here at SR, lean on it, use it, and find out what life has to offer.....
Old 02-28-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Inspirational.
Thank you for caring so much about all of us.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Smile

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
And to the newcomers, there is no sugar coating, this will be the toughest decision of your life! There is no easy way out, you just have to take one minute, hour, day at a time! You have found a great support system here at SR, lean on it, use it, and find out what life has to offer.....
Amen Cowboy