OT: my new bike

Old 02-19-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: my new bike

The weather is finally breaking (for now) and I'm getting my new bike this weekend. An early birthday present from my BF. I can't wait to get out and burn off some energy. I walked to work today and it felt great.

https://www.performancebike.com/bike...400322__400322
Old 02-19-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! Yes!

I'm looking into getting a new bike for myself this year instead of trying to trick out my 25 year old secondhand bike. I have one of these Schwinns, but I'm looking into getting some kind of uber lightweight commuter bike. The one I have is slightly too tall, so I fuss with it at stoplights and getting on and off of the bike, which is bad news for DD2.

I know I'm not the only one here that refers to bike time as "church." I miss it. So much right now.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This winter has been rough, Florence. I was thinking of you when i posted this! I have a very old street bike with super skinny tires and not very good brakes. When I tried this one I could not believe how safe and competent I felt! I'm looking forward to hitting the road and having some fun.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pia

Awesome bike I am excited for you
Old 02-19-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Can't wait till I can get biking again -- it's such a great way to get out and exercise! Yay for you!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a very old street bike with super skinny tires and not very good brakes. When I tried this one I could not believe how safe and competent I felt! I'm looking forward to hitting the road and having some fun.
Ditto -- I have a mid to late 80s Raleigh with suuuuuper skinny tires. It's not bad, but it's not a great fit for me. I'm short, man.

Congrats on your new baby. Are you going to spit shine it? Are you going to name it?