Notices

Lasting effects

Old 02-19-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lasting effects

A big hello to all! It's been I think almost 8 years ago since I have been on this site. Thank god I found this site years ago when I was in desperate need of help. My husband and I were both alcoholics and needed help desperately. I almost walked out of a 20 something years marriage because of alcohol. We began drinking together like most people do, going out with friends and social events. I do not know how it happened but it quickly went to every night rum and diet coke. At first everything was fine. No arguments just happy happy laughter and fun. We both worked had normal lives got up everyday and went on with life. Our daughter was young so we kept it in glasses and hid the bottles. Then the real ugliness started. We began to fight and ague over the stupidest things. But the good still out weighted the bad times. So we continued for several more years. Then crap hit the fan and I mean bad!!! My husband started choking me calling me every name in the book and staying out all night. I even got to the point I did not trust him around his own daughter. Boy, what a liar alcohol is!! Good thing was we both got clean and our lives became the best it had ever been. Business doing well home every night no fights and felt so energized and clear headed. It is so true what they say...you never really know how bad you really felt till you start feeling better! 8 years has pasted and I can say giving up alcohol was the best thing I ever did. Lost weigh, take showers, getting up every morning feeling like a million bucks!! Now here's the bad news for anyone who thinks alcohol does not have long lasting effects on your body. For some reason I began choking on anything I ate. I just could not get anything to go down. Finally went to the er thinking I was dying and found out all that fun times drinking had damaged my esophagus and narrowed it so bad it almost is closed. They have to go in and fix it but I almost died and had not drank in years. Please if anyone is listening stop now. You have no idea what this is doing to your body long term. You might just do so much damage you will never recover from. Cancer is a big one and alcohol gives you a 40% chance of getting it in the future. And when you are laying in that hospital bed all alone just remember how much fun you were having. It's a lie!!! I do have to say my husband has started to slip this month and I ordered anabuse to nip that in the butt before he goes down that road again. Hey, what ever it takes do it. I am not bragging one single bit and please do not take this as if I am. If I can help just 1 person I will be happy. Since I quit drinking I took my business from 30,000 a year to last Friday signing a 45 million dollar contract with one of the largest retailers in the world. I owe everything to God and without him none of this would be possible. Please please know your worth the effort and your life can be amazing! But until you finally say enough is enough nothing will change and it will only get worse. I pray for each of you to find the strength to know your worth a better life! xoxoox
Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Wow- congratulations on achieving such a life turn around! Thank you for sharing your story
Old 02-19-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is one of the most inspiring posts I have read. What an awesome story to scare us straight while at the same time providing a shining light of the future. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Great story, congrats xxx
Old 02-19-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are so very welcome! Thank you to everyone who helped me in my time of need on this site.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for sharing that.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. Really gives me something to think about.