A few new tools in my Alternative Recovery ;)

Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A few new tools in my Alternative Recovery ;)

I've been trying a few new things that I thought I would share in case anyone else finds value in them as well.

De-cluttering - I know that in recovery one of the things that often helps is to de-clutter our homes, cars, offices, etc. because it also helps us to clear the clutter in our mind as well. It was one of the 1st things I felt driven to do with all my excess energy in early recovery - it keeps my hands busy so my mind can work. I've pretty much organized every drawer, cabinet, closet & room in my house at this point.

At a recent feng shui seminar I attended, the speaker pointed out that we should think "outside the box" in terms of decluttering - empty your recylcing bin on your PC, get rid of old, locked messages on our cell phones (print them out if you NEED them), declutter your email - inbox, sent items, trash... all of it. She said that these things still carry the leftover energy which in turn weighs us down.

Hypnosis Apps - I used hypnosis, very successfully, to quit smoking 8 years ago. At the time, the therapist suggested that since I took so easily to this form of therapy, that I should consider using it more often to break down internal walls. I had no idea how helpful this idea would be all these years later, but info & aides are so much more available for this now that we have smartphones. I started using a weight loss hypnosis app last night (I had a total sugar relapse & it's been awful..... I'm hoping this helps me with my willpower) & I was surprised to find how many awesome FREE hypnosis apps are available that cover a range of topics. Speaking of that.....

Chakra Tuning App - I've been using this one for a few weeks, and it's very simple. If you know about your chakras you know that they have related colors & vibrations associated with each one. This app plays the tones related to each chakra to help bring each area back into tune. I like using it at the end of my yoga workouts or before meditating to help center myself.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I did not know they had Chakra tuning apps. Could you put the link of the one you are using here? pllllleeeaaase
Old 02-18-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am using one called Chakra Frequencies LITE.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quencies&hl=en

I went through a few to find one that felt user-friendly to me. The only thing I DON'T like about this app is that while I can play each sound separately, it won't run through them in sequence without me selecting each tone. (it is supposed to be part of their next update)
Old 02-18-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Thanks! I am downloading it right now
I will use it before going to sleep tonight. In general I start the day with a meditation and balanced but when I work at the shelter and it is a difficult day with lots of negative energies around and arguing I can feel my alignment getting out of whack.
One thing I have really wanted to do was get some Reiki retuning, one of my 2014 goals
Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
One thing I have really wanted to do was get some Reiki retuning, one of my 2014 goals
I go almost every Wednesday night to a reiki healing circle; we will send some *********~~~positive vibes~~~***}}} your way.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im going to look into this do working on your chakra's before bedtime help you sleep? combine it with some meditation maybe? I was asking my husband if he knew about them last night and he didnt, I was telling him what I knew and a while ago saw a show on dr oz about it and it caught my attention but I never followed up. He says to me, with all my other problems now I find out my chakra may be out of alignment too. Then he asked in good nature if i was going to repaint and start moving the furniture around. Maybe baby, but you will be moving the furniture I will be doing the pointing where to !! not really, I can carry my end
Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
Im going to look into this do working on your chakra's before bedtime help you sleep? combine it with some meditation maybe?
It does help me & when I've been in my worst crisis moments I have leaned on it a lot to help me stay calm.

Our chakras are our energy centers, and relate to different parts of our physical & emotional well being. I like chakra centered breathing & this book is my favorite reference for chakras because it's simple & straight forward.

Using Your Chakras: A New Approach to Healing Your Life - Ruth White - Google Books (it's just a sampling)

When I got really good at the breathing exercises, they calmed me very quickly & I could fall asleep in no time. DD uses this exercise sometimes as well.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks ((firesprite)) Ill look it up, I downloaded the app today.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok this is cool. They have hypnosis apps, for weight loss?? I need this ...