Notices

Feeling a bit defeated

Old 02-17-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling a bit defeated

I am coming up on five months, and have just been feeling rotten lately. I am seeing all kinds of Doctors, having all kinds of tests with normal outcomes and I am just getting worn down. I have the blurry vision, dizziness, pain in my neck-back-arms-wrists-face and sides. Headaches and my anxiety has started again. I spent the weekend in the hospital only to be told by each Doctor that came in to see me I looked too healthy to be there. I want to cry everyday. How can I have pain and have nothing wrong? I should be happy when they tell me everything is normal, but I get so frustrated cause my body doesn't feel right. And now I feel like I quit, I am doing everything right, why this?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Iluvdisney, 5 months is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Please do not underestimate the side of you that wants to drink, could be trying to trick you. Now that you are sober you are experiencing the full range of life, its good and bad and unpredictable at best. Rootin for ya.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Superb to have 5 months mate well done, and try and take some positives that the outcomes of the tests arn't serious, even though it must be SO frustrating if you're feeling unwell.

You're right when you say you're doing everything right, you ARE, I hope you feel well again soon (The anxiety and frustration probably makes the pain worse too)
Old 02-17-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Iluvdisney, congrats on five months!!

The damage we do to our bodies takes awhile to repair. It sounds awful to contend with those symptoms. I have no medical training or opinions. I can speak from my experience.

I work with docs who understand the disease of addiction. We talk about my physical symptoms through that lens. Is this related to my drinking/using? Will it get better on its own? What meds are available that will not activate the craving and obsession of my disease? First things first means, for me, that I put my recovery at the center and make sure next steps in whatever direction are basis for my ongoing recovery.

I relate to the thought, "I am doing it right. Why isn't it better?" It helps me to be reminded that I am not promised a pain free life because I stop using and drinking. I am promised that I can get through anything without using or drinking. There is nothing I am going through now that a drink or drug won't make worse! One step in front of the other.

In the meantime, be gentle with yourself. Warm baths, hot showers, hot tea, walks if you can tolerate or have the physical ability, music that feeds you, talk to people who love you, gentleness.

I also go to more meetings when I feel like this. Works for me.

Deep breaths and know... This. Too. Shall. Pass.

AX:
Old 02-17-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Might be PAWS too. Not so much the physical symptoms but the emotional ones. I'm sorry nothing has showed up to validate your complaints but be glad the tests came back good. I hope you'll feel better soon.

Oh yeah, congrats on five months sober!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that noone can find a cause- but don't give up hope Iluvdisney.
Sometimes it can take a few drs until you find one who really listens...
Old 02-17-2014, 10:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are doing everything right, so give yourself a huge pat on the back for that.

And can you try a different Dr perhaps.

How is your diet? I have just made a point at 6 months of really revamping mine to focus on more fresh fruit and veg and unprocessed and its helping my mood a lot. Not that I am suggesting that's all that is wrong by any means.

Try to get a second opinion. Good luck
Old 02-18-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on five months. I would get a second opinion like Dee says. I felt ill for years and they also found nothing wrong with me, But I pushed and pushed for a diagnosis until I found out I had fibromyalgia, one of those hard to pinpoint conditions that some doctors still pop poo. It was a relief to have a name for it and get it treated accordingly. Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxx