Furniture & Future Tripping

Old 02-17-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Furniture & Future Tripping

All this stuff is on sale for President's Day.

On Friday night, my RAH revealed what his new problem was going to be. We were eating dinner and he showed me a flyer of couches. Indeed our couch sort of is yuck. I knew it was yuck and would not hold up when he insisted on buying it 2 years ago. But in a marriage you pick some battles and how often is a man interested in furniture?

Saturday's trip to a store was widened to include visit to the furniture department. On Sunday night we went to another store and sat on several couches. On the way home we noticed another store was open late and we popped in and started systematically walking through all of the couches. We narrowed down what we wanted and found it in the last row.

Here I was having a good time with RAH, we picked out the same thing, agreed, and then I wanted to have a panic attack because buying a couch seemed like some kind of commitment.

So today I agreed to get the matching loveseat too.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post

So today I agreed to get the matching loveseat too.
Hey, you have to go along with THAT part just for the name, huh?

Hope you get some on it.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about furniture and an A tripping over it while drunk. I opened the post ready to see comments like 'you aren't responsible if your A gets drunk and falls over the furniture so don't worry about it' or 'just buy the furniture and if A trips on it so be it'. I read your whole post and sat there scratching my head for a minute before it dawned on me what you meant by 'future tripping.'

Sorry. I guess my reply isn't really helpful.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unlikely I am afraid... Trying to run those tensions off! Ha ha!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

The Dick Van Dyke Show Opening Season 2 With Tripping - YouTube

I think Dick and Laurie slept in separate beds, too.

So just furniture tripping for you for now.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand yor conundrum. When my AH starts talking about buying a new refrigerator, or about what we should do this summer, my eyes glaze over. I just don't want to plan on a future that includes him. I haven't prepared my garden for spring, either, as I expect to be the one to leave. All I can suggest if you are not expecting to stay with your spouse,is to imagine the new furniture in your own space (at least the love seat).
Old 02-18-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allysen View Post
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about furniture and an A tripping over it while drunk. I opened the post ready to see comments like 'you aren't responsible if your A gets drunk and falls over the furniture so don't worry about it' or 'just buy the furniture and if A trips on it so be it'. I read your whole post and sat there scratching my head for a minute before it dawned on me what you meant by 'future tripping.'

Sorry. I guess my reply isn't really helpful.
Hi Allysen, there were some difficult posts yesterday so I tried to put something a bit lighter out there!