Notices

We admitted

Old 02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We admitted

That's as far as I've got so far.

I'm such a filthy liar and fantasist, I don't even trust myself when I say "I admit"

I never admitted to anything in my life. Never 'really' admitted anything.

I can say the words ' I admit'. But do I mean them?

Honesty and my self conscious demon.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's a good start. What you've admitted here, I can identify with; you find it hard to be genuinely honest with yourself, me too. That's because it is hard! It means I have to be prepared to let go, face up too, those dearly held beliefs about myself that were not and are not true. My ego never likes that.

And identify too with not trusting myself too. That's why it's important for me to check things out with others - sponsor or trusted advisor - my self-appraisal may not be entirely accurate or as honest as it could be, may lack compassion, or humility. Someone else can shed light on the bits I can't see, help me do some useful digging, and share their experience. So, if you're in a place where you don't trust yourself, trust the process

If you're referring to step one, then the admission is about powerlessness and unmanageability in the relationship I have with alcohol. That to me meant exploring how that powerlessness manifested (the many 'best laid plans scenarios'....when I meant for this to happen, that is what actually happened as a direct result of my drinking) and what happened to my life, relationships, career, friendships, well-being and state of mind as a result of drinking too much, too often. Personally, I don't believe it's intended as an exercise in self-flagellation, but you can use it that way if you want....
Old 02-17-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Finnie - "we" admitted what?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

"We" not "I".....
Old 02-19-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"I'm such a filthy liar and fantasist, I don't even trust myself when I say "I admit""

I think ya admitted to something here, and part of what ya admitted is your life is unmanageable.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Step one is 12 words that encompasses 43 pages, out of 103 pages that deal with all 12 steps.
"We admitted we are powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanagable."

Why are you powerless over alcohol?
Why is your life unmanagable?
Why cant I drink like I used to, and why cant I stop now that I want to?

All in the first 43 pages. Very simple actually to get step one. Its just a conclusion in your own mind. If you cant get it then you need to drink some more, and hit a bottom sufficient enough to recover. But like a guy says in my group, "Fluffy AA kills"

Wish you the best!