Notices

Wanting to get sober

Old 02-16-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wanting to get sober

Hey guys, new fella here just wanting some advice to take action and improve my life.

Although I'm only 18 I feel this is turning into a problem, drinking/drugs every day otherwise feeling withdrawl.
Moved out of home when I was 16, started drinking every night after work since. I don't see this as much of a problem, except for the burden of my financial, situation. Started doing heavy drugs for the past year and am just looking to get clean and just live my life to its full potential.
There isn't really any support groups where I live so I turn to you guys for advice and support in my time of need.

Recently just lost my job due to always rocking up at work scattered/hungover and am just looking for guidance really.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi Beeerad,

I am 24 but also understand what your going through as I have drank heavily since I was 16 and have had many days where I just couldn't go to work either due to being sick from drinking or just massive anxiety panics.

I am still drinking at the moment but am looking to change that and just live a clean healthy lifestyle by excercising and eating real genuine food.

This is the best way to start off cutting back and hopefully after a week or so you will feel better, the hard part is just fighting the urges to go back when your brain tells you everything is ok.

Best of luck and stick around here for support mate.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's so hard to cut down though Drnkz, 5 drinks just seems to lead to 10 which leads to 20. As for exercise etc I do run/lift but after a session I just feel the need to wind down and having something to relax. It's like everything i do just ends up with the need to being intoxicated.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome. You will find much support here xxx
Old 02-16-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome.
I drank heavily when I was your age, too. And did any drug that was put in front of me.
Got menial jobs that didn't interfere with my partying. Even drank while at work.
It wasn't long before I crossed that invisible line into alcoholism. Thank God I never got hooked on any hard drugs.

I'm a lot older than you, but like you. I drank and used drugs recreationaly for 27 years.
Sure, I had a lot of fun. But at the end it was drinking to seemingly survive.
Lost jobs,lost opportunities and lost relationships. I was a pathetic drunk and only didn't become homeless because of friends taking me in.
My life was a living nightmare. Drinking for days on end and then the inevitable anxiety, hopelessness and remorse.

You're wise to realize you have a problem now. I wish I had been. I could have had a much better youth and life.
There are groups of recovery you can join, like AA and NA. AA saved my life.
Please don't waste your youth like I did. It leads to a miserable adulthood.
Come here and post and read. Take action, whatever that may be, to get straight.
I wish you the best in stopping, as you can see with me, and many others, it's progressive. It'll only get worse if you don't stop.

Best to you.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to a very supportive site. You are smart to get sober at such a young age. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!