Notices

Jay Alcoholic

Old 02-15-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jay Alcoholic

Hello guys,

Day 11 here. At midnight, in ten minutes, Day 12.

Wanted to say hello. I'm hanging in there. Regret hits me hard sometimes. Today for a moment I thought I have no romantic prospects and it hurt. Yesterday was Valentine's day and it hurt.

I am having trouble sleeping. I still am agitated and jump around from one thing to another. The biggest thing I accomplished was cleaning my house.

I need to force myself to be more productive. I need to exercise. Why does everything seem so hard right now? I was fine when I was drinking a case of beer a day.

Once again, hello everybody, good to be here. Looking forward to all the help I can get...

J
Old 02-15-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jay, hang in there, lots of wonderful people here to help you.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jay

The early days of recovery are rough - most of us can identify with thinking that maybe you were better off drinking...

of course if that were true none of us would need, or want, to quit in the first place.

Hold fast tho - quitting is the first step to building a brand new life and finding the real you. there's no telling what the future holds for someone in recovery. Amazing things really can, and do, happen

You'll find a lot of support here -

D
Old 02-16-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Strongly agree with what Dee said. For me, drinking and smoking pot was a way to escape from life. It started, and continued to be, my medication. Over time I became a slave to it, and it started more problems then it solved. Getting sober means facing all the issues that were always there, and the ones created by drinking. It's not easy. The sad truth is that once I reached that point, nothing was easy. Getting sober was the easiest, in the long run. It meant that at the very least I wasn't creating new problems, even if I had a huge pile of them to work through already.

In terms of valentines day, I can relate. Little over 3 months ago I got cheated on and left without any sort of closure. Part of my life just walked out the door. Still single, and still hurting. What I have come to realize, though, is that I get to do more work on me now. I get to clear up more of the wreckage (internal now) and move towards a better life that is more attractive to that right woman. Right now I'd rather be single then be with anyone who will end up either making me sicker or hurting me
Old 02-16-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Early recovery can be a bumpy ride for a while but I promise it will smooth out. Give yourself more sober time and treat yourself well. It will get better.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by JayBird2323 View Post
Why does everything seem so hard right now?
Because doing it instead of avoiding it (with a case of beer) is unfamiliar to you. It's hard, but once you start doing it regularly, it's becomes a habit - and we know how hard those can be to break!
Old 02-16-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Jaybird xxx