Notices

Day 12 - not too bad

Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Day 12 - not too bad

Except for the disdain for real food, and opting for ice cream and chocolate instead, it is going as good as it probably can get. My husband is most remarkable, he stays on his side of the street without exception. He caters to my sweet tooth. Really can't say enough good things about him. Going to the RV show today, no I don't want to but I need to get out. Tomorrow the Roadshow concert, a Christian concert with 6 Christian bands. As a retired woman, I try to limit my days in a week that I have to wear a bra to three. I have to really really like you to get out of my lounge clothes, put on a bra and go out (ladies you get it). But with this current struggle, sometimes I have to force myself to do stuff I may not want to do just to keep my mind off things I don't want to think about. JDooner, I checked out the link you sent. I still have to wait until Mar 4 for an app with a psychiatrist. I feel strongly (right now), I can do that. a long post just to say this, I don't know you guys, but I love you guys and I thank you for your kind posts and encouragement. Prayers to all of you. Talk to you soon
Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing really well.
I'm so with you o nthe lounge clothes -I'm 14 months sober and still love lounging around in casual stuff
Old 02-15-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay!!! Lounge clothes rock!!!! Good for you.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Except for the disdain for real food, and opting for ice cream and chocolate instead, it is going as good as it probably can get. My husband is most remarkable, he stays on his side of the street without exception. He caters to my sweet tooth. Really can't say enough good things about him. Going to the RV show today, no I don't want to but I need to get out. Tomorrow the Roadshow concert, a Christian concert with 6 Christian bands. As a retired woman, I try to limit my days in a week that I have to wear a bra to three. I have to really really like you to get out of my lounge clothes, put on a bra and go out (ladies you get it). But with this current struggle, sometimes I have to force myself to do stuff I may not want to do just to keep my mind off things I don't want to think about. JDooner, I checked out the link you sent. I still have to wait until Mar 4 for an app with a psychiatrist. I feel strongly (right now), I can do that. a long post just to say this, I don't know you guys, but I love you guys and I thank you for your kind posts and encouragement. Prayers to all of you. Talk to you soon
Day 12 - way to go Raider.!!!! God gives us that sweet tooth to get by.!!!! Perhaps the path to sobriety is paved in chocolate; yum, yum.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're doing great. Glad to hear it. Peace.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're doing great! Peace.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Paved in chocolate, marshmallow fluff, ice cream, twinkles, Carmel corn, yum! Thank you all very much. Prayers!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Raider, I've been following your progress from the background the last week or so. You are doing so well with this so keep it up. There was not enough chocolate or sweets in the house in my early days. That has slowed considerably but I'm still a much bigger sweets eater than when I was drinking. Keep up the great work.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on day twelve!!

PS; I live in sweat pants and sweatshirts. ( I threw out my bra when I got out of high school 44 yrs ago!)
Old 02-15-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done Raider!! Keep going strong. Cosy clothes are the best!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I wear my 'nice' lounge clothes when I go out anymore. To hell with it, I'm old, I'll do what I want.

Very glad to hear you are doing so well, Raider.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great, Raider! Sounds like things are going well. Keep it up. Onward!