Notices

6 days sober, withdrawal getting worse?

Old 02-14-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days sober, withdrawal getting worse?

I have been sober for 6 days. I'm on Prozac. The symptoms seem to be getting worse. My hands and feet have started to sweat and I'm restless and agitated. My mind is foggy and racing at the same time. I hate withdrawal!

Last edited by NoDrinks; 02-14-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Reposting previous content to fit the thread title.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think those kinds of things are pretty common NoDrinks, but you can always check with your Dr if you're concerned?

I know you'll find a lot of support and encouragement here anyway - welcome!

D
Old 02-14-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That sounds uncomfortable hon. As Dee said, seek medical advice if you are worried, and drink plenty of water. Stick close for support x
Old 02-14-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

My symptoms also seemed to get worse around Day 6 too. For me, the anxiety started to lessen some around Day 8 and dwindle a bit each day, though I still experience episodes. I am on Day 13.

How long have you been on Prozac? If it's a new med for you, that could possibly be an initial response to the new drug..
Old 02-14-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When i first gave up after a spell of 30 years of drinking it took a couple of weeks to start to feel anywhere near good. Hang in there each day is one step closer to feeling better
Old 02-14-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
My symptoms also seemed to get worse around Day 6 too. For me, the anxiety started to lessen some around Day 8 and dwindle a bit each day, though I still experience episodes. I am on Day 13.

How long have you been on Prozac? If it's a new med for you, that could possibly be an initial response to the new drug..
I've been on and off Prozac for about 7 years, but it's peaking now. 3 1/2 weeks using 60mg every day. I think it's beginning to plateau. I'm very familiar with it, but there's a lot going on in my life now that is unfamiliar. My girlfriend dumped me, but work is going well. I'm buying a new car. Trying to stop drinking. Trying to start exercising. Sometimes I feel manic-good like everything is going to be okay. 2 hours later I feel anxious and confused. An hour later I feel worn down and depressed. I might go back up. My hands start to sweat. My head starts to hurt a little. It's just a roller coaster and a lot of things are changing. It's hard to tell what's psychological and what's physiological.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
waking down

I'd say days 4 through 7 were the hardest for me. And your last statement about it's hard to tell - that was on my mind constantly.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

At six days sober I should think you'd be thru the worst of it, but if you are concerned, please see your doctor.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It takes time, but yes, it might be an idea to visit your doctor xxxxx