Notices

strange dream

Old 02-14-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

strange dream

I dreamt about my ma last night. She was making dinner with all my family together. It was so vivid, it was like she was really there. She died around 6 years ago. I miss her so much it hurts. She was the only person in my family that I could count on to be there when I needed help. I don't expect replies. Just wanted to get that out. I have to admit that my drinking got much worse when she passed away. I had to stay somewhat sober, because I never knew when she would ever need me. She was the only one that really cared, until I found this site. Without you guys, I don't know what I would do.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I care.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are here 2much. You are important to SR as well.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It helps to get feelings out of your head. Same as journaling. Airing out your feelings, so to speak.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

2much I'm sorry the dream made you sad, but very glad you wanted to post about it. That's why we're all here - to share our thoughts, good and bad. You are never alone.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I like dreaming about people I have lost. It makes me feel like they have paid me a visit to see if I'm alright xxxx
Old 02-14-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I often dream about my father... We had a seriously up and down relationship when I was young, but quite stellar since my mid-20's. He's alive, 80+, one of my best friends (and vice versa).

I also (even more often) dream with my (now) deceased mom... whom I never really understood in her lifetime, and vice versa... well it is what it is now. I often try to make myself "program" to reconnect with her in my dreams and understand each-other better, connect better, love each-other better... Long journey
Old 02-14-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
I like dreaming about people I have lost. It makes me feel like they have paid me a visit to see if I'm alright xxxx
I never thought about it that way! You are right, my mother dropped by to say hi. That's really cool.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Thanks 2muchpain, that brought tears to my eyes. She sounds like the most wonderful mom who brought much joy into your life. You guys make me feel cared for and make my life not so lonely. Raider, you always do have kind words and a caring heart.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((2muchpain))

It's so hard losing someone we love--I long for my dad every day. May you find comfort in your memories of your wonderful mom. xo
Old 02-14-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My mother's speggeti (sp), and pigs in the blanket were the best. I would make the turkey and all the trimmings for Thanksgiving, except for the stuffing. I could never make it like she did. I'm crying over this. GOD I MISS HER. She was a great person. When I was locked up in a hospital for alcoholism and depression; she was the only one that showed any concern. My brother and sister couldn't care less. My ex was long gone at that time. But I showed concern for her to. I was the only person who visited her in the hospitals when she was there. I was there when she needed anything. It goes without saying, that we were close. I don't know why I am posting this, and don't expect any replies. I am not looking for sympathy. People lose loved ones all the time. I guess it is because I am not close to my family that really makes this painful. I talk to my sister occasionally, but she has very serious mental problems (schizophrenia), and I have never been close to my brother, although I have tried many times to connect with him. Thanks SR for being there.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

I lost my mom a year ago in December, I wish she could have seen me sober, but I know her and dad are looking down and smiling now...
Old 02-14-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

So glad you're here, 2much! Thanks for sharing your dream with us!!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

2muchpain, perhaps if you drank more after your mom died, you didn't really allow your emotion is their full release. Now as you are begining to feel again, those emotions are coming to the fore. Nothing wrong with that hon, allow yourself to feel, and talk here anytime you like.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
waking down

If you're anything like me, toots nailed it. When I think about my worst months and years, they have been after losing people close to me. I never learned how to grieve, and I'm doing it now, and for all the people I've lost since 40 years ago. I feel sad sometimes, but I've decided I'm okay with it. Hope that helps. I want to dream about my mom singing while pushing the Kirby. God, she had a terrible voice. Funny as hell.