a thought in process...

Old 02-14-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

a thought in process...

a thought/concept/understanding that is just developing.

I am fairly new to SR and it is a truly amazing place. I started in a different place regarding my RAS. Quickly was shown the error of my ways and have embraced that I am a codie and am working my recovery.

Reading all over the place, 'cause there is so much for me here at SR. So this is the revelation that came to me today:

ACOA was my first recovery program years ago ---> AA/CR was my next recovery program, not as many years ago but quite awhile (still working it) ---> Al anon is my brand new recovery program which is opening my heart even more ---> ACOA has now reappeared for many reasons but chief among them is the desire to help my 5 year old granddaughter not have to go down this same path.

Just starting reading here at ACOA forum today and already the ESH you all are sharing is transforming my recovery.

A question. Is being here for my granddaughter, as well as myself, something others are doing?
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I don't have grandkids, so can't answer that. I guess I am here just for myself and the help I have accepted and learned is helping my adult kids indirectly.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I don't know what the numbers are for grandparents here, but I wish there were more like you. My grandmother contributed so much to the chaos in my childhood home, and I'm working through that aspect of my recovery now. It's amazing how things become clearer when you start working a program. There's so much to be addressed. I applaud you for working it and trying to help your granddaughter.