I feel pathetic!

Old 02-14-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I feel pathetic!

This is a note I wrote to god as I cried;

Dear God help me, the lonliness is killing me. It's eating me up inside, I miss him. Please God help my mind and body cope with this, I want this lonliness out of my system.

Today is Valentines Day and as I've mentioned before I thought he has another woman. It is troubling me to imagine that he is spending it with her.

I kept questioning and questioning but he would never admit it, he just walked away when I asked him to leave. It seemed easy for him, how could it be after 9 years?

I need to know, I need closure.

The pain is unbearable. What do I do at this very minute so I don't lose my mind?
Old 02-14-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you call a friend and cherish that friend
Old 02-14-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand your feelings completely. I have been in your shoes. I have contemplated checking myself in many times because I cannot handle the chaos, rejection, and all the other emotions that come with living with an addict. Please hear one thing....YOU ARE NOT PATHETIC! You are here because you have such a caring heart and the addict in your life prays on it. We continually question them hoping that there will be an answer that makes sense - only there is not. Addiction doesn't make sense - and you will only go crazy trying to figure it out. Since you referenced that you were praying to God, I would like to share a few verses that I repeat when I feel just like you. Insert your name, and know that you are being held and brighter days are ahead. You can do this.

My plan for your future, {insert name}, is filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Cast all your worries on Me, {insert name}, for I really care about you. 1 Peter 5:7

My love for you, {insert name}, will preserver through every situation. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Call on Me, {insert name}, when you are in trouble and I will rescue you. Psalm 91:15

I see all your hardships, {insert name}, and I care about your suffering. Psalm 31:7
Old 02-15-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
you call a friend and cherish that friend
The friend I cherish is in hospital, serious injuries from a car accident. Bless her, she was still able to lend an ear. Now that's what I call a true and dear friend.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rcutch View Post
I understand your feelings completely. I have been in your shoes. I have contemplated checking myself in many times because I cannot handle the chaos, rejection, and all the other emotions that come with living with an addict. Please hear one thing....YOU ARE NOT PATHETIC! You are here because you have such a caring heart and the addict in your life prays on it. We continually question them hoping that there will be an answer that makes sense - only there is not. Addiction doesn't make sense - and you will only go crazy trying to figure it out. Since you referenced that you were praying to God, I would like to share a few verses that I repeat when I feel just like you. Insert your name, and know that you are being held and brighter days are ahead. You can do this.

My plan for your future, {insert name}, is filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Cast all your worries on Me, {insert name}, for I really care about you. 1 Peter 5:7

My love for you, {insert name}, will preserver through every situation. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Call on Me, {insert name}, when you are in trouble and I will rescue you. Psalm 91:15

I see all your hardships, {insert name}, and I care about your suffering. Psalm 31:7
Thank you darling rcutch. The pray is beautiful. I will write it down and carry it with me everywhere. Writing things on paper helps reinforce the message in my head.

Peace xo