Notices

Keep Thinking About Wine Tomorrow

Old 02-13-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep Thinking About Wine Tomorrow

Ok. I'm irritated with myself and hate to admit this but I keep thinking about wine with dinner tomorrow. We are both beer drinkers and only drink wine on special occasions. I don't ever drink more than 2 glasses bc it gives me a headache. I always switch to beer or just stop drinking. So I've been thinking about getting a bottle for dinner tomorrow. I know I can't and I don't want to. Or do I? Lol ugh! I know exactly what will happen if I do. We will drink 2 glasses a piece on Friday and be fine. Then Saturday we will start off with a 6 pack and if it doesn't turn into a case Saturday night it damn sure will sunday! And then I will feel like a worthless piece of **** all week next week. No thank you! Sorry for rambling. Had to get this out here before I convinced myself I could have wine on Friday and leave it at that. I wish I could!! Oh well :/
Old 02-13-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to play the tape right to the end as they say. Brit - and you've done that.
Wine is not a good idea - stay strong

D
Old 02-13-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

You can't get drunk if you don't pick up that first drink.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you've thought it through and decided to not get any wine.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The ending is never pretty....I have to remember that. Actually, the beginning turned out to not be too pretty either towards the end!
Old 02-13-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And have a painful hangover yuck. Glad you made the right decision.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Sets off that kindling effect....one is a tease, so eventually I'll cave and drink a case or two.....

Why bother? Sober relations are so much better......
Old 02-13-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Have dessert instead. Something decadently chocolate.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Sets off that kindling effect....one is a tease, so eventually I'll cave and drink a case or two..... Why bother? Sober relations are so much better......
Always! Rather the case comes the next day or next week I'm finding out is ALWAYS does!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Have dessert instead. Something decadently chocolate.
That is a great idea! Chocolate covered strawberries sound delicious and won't completely blow my diet. Haha
Old 02-13-2014, 11:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. You know how the story will end if you let it start, so do yourself a favor and quit before you begin.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Brit all you are doing is thinking about wine. Just thinking. You can think all day about wine if you want to! You are the one who is in control of your physical actions , you and you alone. Recognise these thoughts for what they are ,they are harmless if you don't act on them. These thoughts will come but will also go, they will become less intense and appear less often. But please don't give into them .remember you are in complete control of your actions , you are the powerful one, you are the one who decides what will happen. Best of luck.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brit789 View Post
And then I will feel like a worthless piece of **** all week next week.
I drink because of the shame in my past and my future but drinking makes me feel more guilt and shame because. And then I drink more.

It's a vicious addiction is the alcohol. Lures a person in with promises of good feelings and then just screws a person over.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You have to be honest with yourself.....you'd be drinking to get drunk.....not because wine is 'just so damn good'..... have some grape juice or something
Old 02-14-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
You have to be honest with yourself.....you'd be drinking to get drunk.....not because wine is 'just so damn good'..... have some grape juice or something
Nah. I can usually drink 1 or 2 the first night. Especially if it's wine. Wines not my thing. Usually only drink it on holidays and special occasions. We are beer drinkers. The problem is, if we had wine tonight it would get the ball rolling for the weekend and I'd end up drinking a 12 pack of beer.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good that you know what will happen and I hope you decide to not drink today.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna. I've already decided. No need to throw away the whole weekend just bc I'm "used to" having wine on valentines day. I don't even like wine. Not worth it.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by brit789 View Post
Thanks Anna. I've already decided. No need to throw away the whole weekend just bc I'm "used to" having wine on valentines day. I don't even like wine. Not worth it.
Well said Brit, and you'll feel so empowered on Monday when you have a sober weekend behind you.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good for you Brit. I love my desserts now and considering the calories I used to consume, I make sure my desserts are extra special. Enjoy!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I might have to start making a few desserts! I never really had them before bc I never had much of a sweet tooth and also everything we ate out I was usually too full of beer to finish my meal much less dessert! When I pick my daughter up from school we are going to make cupcakes and chic covered strawberries. I'm excited!