Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

love + relapse + break up + suggestions please before I relapse

Notices

Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Survivor

The love of the woman of my dreams helps me in a lot of ways to stay clean. I feel if we were to lose contact that my lofe would unravel back in to relapse mode. Life is hard right now. I feel week. I'm scared of relapse. Need more foundation in my recovery. Need some hobbies on the weekend any suggestions???
Old 02-11-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

running? Crossfit? Muay Thai? Painting? Ukulele? Guitar? Photography?

But hobbies aside - what are you doing to support your recovery? Your comments seem to convey that you're really dependent on a person for your strength....

What are you doing to support yourself?

Are you working a program of recovery?

Are you doing things to find the strength within yourself?

Are you reaching out to explore the notion that there might be another force in this great big mysterious universe that could help you?

Have you been to AA? Would you be willing to hit a meeting this weekend?

Just some random thoughts that came up in response to your question.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TS247

Putting that much pressure on some else is not really fair and it's liable to cause problems - trust me I know, because I've been there.

don't misunderstand me - support is vital...but it's really not someone else's job to keep you or me sober - which is why I kept relapsing and maybe why you've relapsed in the past?

Maybe it's time to look for other support - coming here is a good start...have you thought of AA or some other recovery group, perhaps, as well?

D
Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi TS! From time to time we all feel weak, some days are definitely easier than others. It is great that you have the support of someone you love. Do you have any other support system in place? Please do not be afraid and try to concentrate on the day at hand. One day at a time. You can do this TS.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Survivor

I jist started attendong na meetings again. And its not exactly that I rely on this woman I'm loving. Im just afraid that we won't end up together. My addict brain is already planning what to do if we have to stop contact. Its a long story with her and I but its very complicated. I jist started working mid nights also the gym has been on my mind. But its the woman that is pressing me for another relapse. What shud I do? I do not want to stop seeing her.. so I am kinda lost. Sick of feeling depressed about it. I need a solution quickly tho I tell ya what. One day at a time I am taking it. One minute at a time rather
Old 02-12-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Survivor

Long story very short. We both need to work our recoveries and get atleast one year clean before we can officially be together. Coming off drigs I feel so sensitive. I hate itm everything really bugs me
Old 02-12-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

But its the woman that is pressing me for another relapse.

She wants you to relapse? I don't understand...
Old 02-12-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Survivor

No we both want eachother to stay clean. But the complications I'm not prepared to talk about consists of her staying a year before we can be together.a nd we may have to stop seeing eachother during this time amd she is basically the only friend I have left. I'm scared of not being with her. I need more sober friends in my life to let out the demons I hold in my jead that I can't share at any meeting. Everyone will tell me to stop seeing her asap which is half the reason why I don't wanna get to far in the subject
Old 02-12-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Survivor

I'm just lost right now. Feeling to insecure about the situation
Old 02-12-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You need to get sober for yourself and nobody else. When you rely on someone else you put this at risk. Sounds like you rely on her love for your happiness. Which in my view is a big mistake. True happiness only comes from within.