Courage To Change 02/11/14

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/11/14

Tradition Five helps me to set three goals: to work the Steps for myself; to have compassion for alcoholics; and to have compassion for those who come to Al-Anon. What strikes me is the amount of love to be found in these three goals. First, I love myself enough to try to heal and grow by working the Twelve Steps. Next, I call upon the strength to love those I once thought were my enemies, recognizing that they too were struggling to cope with this terrible disease. Finally, I draw upon these experiences and extend love to those who are following a similar journey - the families and friends of alcoholics.
I know that I was pulled from despair by the love of strangers who quickly became friends. Now I have enough love and wholeness within myself to share it with others who suffer from the effects of alcoholism.

Today's Reminder

I needed love before I even knew what it was. Now that I understand something about it, I need it even more. By loving myself, I not only take care of my own needs, but I lay a foundation for loving others. By loving others, I learn to treat myself well.

"Each Al-Anon Family Group has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps of AA ourselves, by encouraging and understanding our alcoholic relatives, and by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics."

~Tradition Five
Old 02-11-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Carlotta.