Seen the Bud-light commercial from the Super Bowl?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Seen the Bud-light commercial from the Super Bowl?

I happen to stumble on the Bud commercial that was aired during the superbowl.

Did you see it?

It depicts a guy who is drinking Bud and all these crazy, wild things happen to him - like he goes out with one of the Bachelorettes, plays Arnold Schwartzenegger in a ping pong match and ends up on stage at a concert.

At first I thought it was funny. It was almost like one of the Hangover movies. Just a lot of fun, wild stuff.

Then I connected it to the drinking. Because isn't what they are telling you? That by drinking their beer your life will be wild and interesting and you never know what might happen. You'll be living life to the fullest!

I like to think I have a great life. I have lots of fun and do crazy things from time to time. But, now I feel like I'm missing out because I don't drink.

Maybe I've just never had one of those nights where I didn't remember what I did or how I ended up somewhere to really understand the desire to be this way.

I have no idea why I'm even posting this!! Just one of those things...
Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That you feel that way is good marketing, nothing more. They're peddling their wares, a product that happens to have had a negative impact on your life. If you had a loved one addicted to Zoloft and saw a Zoloft commercial you'd probably have specific feelings towards that too.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I thought you meant the "puppy love" one! Dogs and Clydesdales. I really don't get the connection to beer whatsoever!?