Notices

Bonnie Back

Old 02-10-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bonnie Back

Morning Folks.
I suppose I'm really agreeing with what Raider says. I've come off the booze so often, I'm a little scared to post this. But I'll give it a go.
I had my last glass of wine last Tuesday night. This is Day 6 for me.
I've have never felt as bad as this ever. Normally I'm feeling fine on Day 2 or 3, no withdrawals or headaches or stuff like that.
But I really mean this is going to be the 'time' for me. A lot of issues have come and gone these last few months and I want to be teetotal as from now.
But its so weird this time around. I wake up in the morning and my head is bouncing. My appetite has completely gone, even cooking food makes me feel sick. My head feels as if I've drunk the normal two and half bottles wine per night!
I'm frightened that I've done too much damage to my health to ever feel human again.
I feel as if I can function better with the alcohol, but that's a road I don't want to go down any more.
Hope this ramble makes sense!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

I found my ability to bounce back diminished substantially, glad you are here
Old 02-10-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found after a week I hit a fog, I couldn't eat much and was anxious , it went and all my weight returned!
I don't know or worry now what processes were going on I did know it meant that I had to stay stopped.
Have you anyone around who can help and support you?
Keep going and another problems see a Dr for reassurance.
John.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most of us will tell you the more years we drink the worse the detox is, Bonnie.

It's probably a good idea to see your Dr, especially if you feel concerned?

D
Old 02-10-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Congratulations on 6 days, Bonnie, and for having the courage to post here about your lapse. You will have helped many others by doing that

Hang in there! The harder it is now, the weaker that voice will sound the next time it calls xx
Old 02-10-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Bonnie, 6 days is awesome! I think I was about 6 days sober when I discovered SR. I'm convinced that my participation in SR has been the main factor in keeping me sober. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but think of it as your body dealing with the damage and beginning to heal itself. Try and eat some light healthy snacks, like a few nuts, fruit and vegetables until your appetite comes back, which I'm sure it will.
I've heard some amazing stories of physical healing on SR. Why not talk to your doctor and get some advice on how to repair your body?
You will function so much better in the long run without the wine. I should know, it was my vice as well.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel as if I've never been out of the fog Spinach. Everything is so much of an effort. Even my eyes feel heavy!
Old 02-10-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Hope you feel better soon. You could even be coming down with a cold or something. Perhaps you could see your doctor. Congrats on 6 days, you will feel better xxxx
Old 02-10-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree with seeing your doctor to be checked out. Might put your mind at ease.