Down on myself and do not know why

Old 06-21-2004, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Down on myself and do not know why

I feel like I am battling with myself right now. I am feeling really low and isn't because of my alcoholic either. Just hit a point were I do not want to be sad any more. I do n't like myself and hate myself inside and out. I don't know were this come from. All I know is I need a butt kicking from my counselor at school but can't because I am not in school right now. Can anyone give my a uplit because right now I am looking at life as only negative no positive.

Shana
Old 06-21-2004, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Shana.

I know what you mean. I remember when I was in college one of my friends saying "that sounds like fun". I did not know what fun was. I couldn't think of anything fun. Things were more and less painful. That was the moment I knew I was in trouble and needed to change things in my life. I just didn't want to feel bad any more. So I started forcing myself to go do things that other people said would be "fun". Mostly it wasn't, but through the effort I eventually found things to be interested in and even ultimately... fun. As much as this down feeling makes you want to sit still and mope... get busy. Fill your time and your mind. Try new things. You don't have to keep anything you don't like. You just have to keep trying things until you find the places, activities and friends that are "yours". There's nothing in you to hate. You are as worthy as any other human being on the planet. You deserve as much air to breathe and room to stand in as anybody. And you deserve all the joy you will go out and find.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 06-22-2004, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shana
When I feel this way, I will usually go for a brisk lonnnng walk. When I have gotten all the exercise I think I need then I go for a big ice cream. I feel I deserve the ice cream if I walk it off. I usually grumble the whole way to the ice cream store and try to think of a baby's laughter on the way back. May sound stupid but it is the little things that sometimes work. Get up and out of that mood. Do something and you may find it fun.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks you two. I need to find things to do. I hope maybe that I can go for a long bike ride. I like to ride my bike but I have arthritis in my knees and sometimes it makes my knees hurt more if i ride but I think I am going to give it a try. Things are a little better today and I have a meeting tonight so I think things will get better it just takes time.

Hugs,
Shana
Old 06-23-2004, 03:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Shana

It sure does! Take time that is. I went to a round up last weekend and being new to all this the one thing that stuck in my mind was baby steps. You'll get there. Hope the meeting helped.