Notices

10 days my last record, didnt get to 11 again.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days my last record, didnt get to 11 again.

Just as I had considered that my last 10 days had been easy here in paradise watching 100+ girls in bikinis going down the beach alone chasing after those 20+ surfers that passed by alone too, that this had been an easy hopeful 10 days for me to stop. I realised that stressors had yet to pass me.
I had literally preyed quietly and calmly (and faithfully) to God to give me the environment and peace to dry out and surely he had given it to me.
My 10 days around me had been so peaceful that I looked for problems and conflicts and still could not find any.

Oh my Lord, Jesus, if you believe and know He delivers.

beginning Day 11 some stressors arrived together in concert, like you feel that the fortune is not happening. Emailed one potential partner, put my leg out disclosing cold some of the technology we are using, emailed another forum looking for consulting work and message vanished on the forum and I was and am thinking the worst of both of them.
THEN, housemate comes down from his partment is meant to do 5 hours on Sundays with me researching in exchange for his rent and he seems like I am sure he slammed two lines of coke up his nose to start the day. Looked at him and thought to myself, "Mate we are going to have to have a talk about how if you dont meet a 5 hour block per week with me for serious Google research work I designed for you then you can give me R$100 instead, just like that. Buy your freedom for R$100/week and then you owe me nothing. But he is passively aggressively an expert at avoiding any windows that this can be brought up.

He was bugging me all morning I started to feel kind of agitated, I was trying to study and he was in my ears to listen to Jorge Ben he met last night at the jazz bar in Lagoa after the free concert in Campeche and the jokes about "My favourite coffee is the organic Columbian coffee, I drink it myself, and it doesn't give you the stomach aches and chest burn that you get LIKE I DO with other coffee." And JOrge Ben overheard him at the bar telling his friend about this funny advert and stopped him, "Where is that from? I know that!". And Chris said", "It is one of the adverts from the show of this international radio guy called ALex Jones". And Jorge said, "Ah, Thats it! I know him! I listen to him sometimes. Yeh the Columbian Coffee man that guy is funny."

But I was trying to study composite FEM analysis, serious bad ass maths equations where you need to look yourself in the mirror and say,"You smart enough man, you can go in there and get it, you smart enough man, Dont be afraid". And then my housemate who was meant to be seated on his laptop for a serious 5 hour session on Google for me, and then he is high on cocaine from the morning or night before ranting about Jorge Ben, and the two twin students from Switzerland who naturalised in Brasil and are now practicing international lawyers and are now doing Kite-Surf lessons with him at Praia Mole and the Lagoa and I didn't just get the taste for beer. I DECIDED that today I was going to drink beer. And I went and bought 4 Liters and I am going to go and drink them alone now on the internet and then come back and start Day 2 again.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Treat one day as a victory every day
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I have no reason to judge you and have been in your position umpteen plus times. The most important words to think about in your post are

I DECIDED that today I was going to drink beer. And I went and bought 4 Liters and I am going to go and drink them alone now on the internet and then come back and start Day 2 again.
The rest of it is excuses and I think that you realize that. You can spend the rest of your life telling yourself that you always seem to make it to day 10 or you can put a plan in action to combat day 10. It's all up to you.

We can be here to tell you to get back on the horse and be happy that you keep trying. Continuing to try is always of the utmost importance.

Have you considered what you're going to do when day 10 comes this time?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
The rest of it is excuses and I think that you realize that. You can spend the rest of your life telling yourself that you always seem to make it to day 10 or you can put a plan in action to combat day 10. It's all up to you.
Pretty much what I was going to say, but LadyBlue beat me to it. You've gotten to ten days doing it your way. Maybe apply some of the methods that have gotten people to long-term sobriety.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I had almost finished my first 90 days and used. I had quit smoking and was pissy and decided I was going to drink and no one was going to stop me. I ended up going back to smoking and when I quit smoking a couple months later same thing almost happened. This time I was ready for it. My point is that it is going to happen that you trigger so bad you need to have some kind of system in place to snap you out of it. It seems to be enough for me to come here and talk about it. Maybe you need some face to face support. You need to use these tools before you pick up Green.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tuxiemama View Post
Treat one day as a victory every day
I know that was your conclusion, so then can you paste to me your personal journey hypotheisis? I am trying to open up in here. I talk about the Bassoon and my mother putting up picture frames of my successes, I need to hear YOUR theory of the universe. We are all blessed here in that we all know we are here because we realised we had become alcoholics/drug-addicts. Man, dont be shy; is too much I want to hear you rant.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One example? please mods dont jump on me.

I was once on my way from Sao Paulo to Floripa and it was everything packed into my Kombi, and I passed a famous petro station was a big point in the long journey,. But this time had been a hill fall over his knees and block the entire freeway and killed a few people under it even I think if I remember correctly.

I got out of my Kombi and my dog followed me like a shadow ,like an Australian knows his dog. WHile I was in there I bought ice, an esky, and 24 beers for the next 1-24 hours without help I could anticipate (yes I bought a gallon of water and 20 bannanas as well).

But if I had not been a definitive drunk, showing them in front who I was and all my beer do you know could not have stopped those girls from coming along with me? There were girls there I could have chosen over the beer. But I was adamant about my beer strategy. But I chose this because you never die remember?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I rented a house in my local town when I was 30, paid for 6 months and proceeded to stop drinking. I had a chalk board and in that time I would get to about 2 weeks, drink and start again lol I look back at that time as the beginning of a nightmare 8 years within which I basically accepted that I would never stop drinking and just got on with it. Let's just say that 6 months at 30 was not great for my mental health. So many opportunities to take this thing seriously but didn't take them, mind you I wasn't ready to give it up.

I struggled with getting past the thought of what would I do if I didn't drink, now I can't imagine drinking it would suck.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
I have no reason to judge you and have been in your position umpteen plus times. The most important words to think about in your post are

We can be here to tell you to get back on the horse and be happy that you keep trying. Continuing to try is always of the utmost importance.

Have you considered what you're going to do when day 10 comes this time?
But ten came. If you got the mssage I was already on my way back with ten. Ten came and went. I am now on 20.

I want to see JOrge Ben on Alex Jones show. I want to open the entire best of the best word to Alex Jones. I drink because I envisage alone. One day?

So it still is my record in it, ten days. Had no idea would be so difficult. The emotions, my ex probably some man took her to that free concert last night I wasnt there for her, but then again only a fool would be for a **** like that. What is a ****? Well when I met her was no one else after her. When she met me was 10 men after me. Imagine the psychology. You know that comfort when you have a best friend and she laughs with you, is ther ein a minute with you, is your soul mate? Alone is hard hey to leave this. War is easier. Murder is easier. Denial is easier. Being a fool is easier. He spoke and without mistake He spoke. If you have never known Christ then you only need read the book of Matthew to know him. Just one book I think it is about 15 pages but you will sit here first and deny Him before even having read what he said? You know you cant. Just like I can't deny I am an alcoholic.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm reading all that you're saying and I'm trying my best to give good input, something to help you because I understand somewhat what it is that you're saying.

I can't really find any words to say other than this. Regardless of anything that's happened before, now, or in the future there's only one way to beat this. It's to not pick up that first drink. You have to want this regardless of any circumstance or how bad it gets. The best way to do that is to recognize what makes you want to drink and to find something to take your mind off if it when those times come.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey GreenBottles

I was going to send you a PM, but really it doesn't matter where I say this: get your ass back on the horse!!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Instead of telling us you were going out for 4 liters of beer, this could have gone another way.

You could have said, Please help and talk me out of going out for 4 liters of beer. You did not
even attempt a solution or attempt to ask for help.

Your mind was made up.

If you do not use SR when You really need it, then how can it really help?

WE start at day 1 not day 2. Then take it 1 day at a time