did i really say that???? lol

Old 06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

did i really say that???? lol

out of the blue.. had to be at least 14 years ago. i said something that today came back to me like a ton of bricks. and i had to laugh.

the ex A had already threatened me with a gun, hit me, cheated on me, yadda yadda yadda.. but he luuuuuved me. lol so we tried marriage counseling. i remember sitting in the marriage counselors office and he said all this garbage about "saving the marriage" and suddenly after two hours of being very quiet and listening. he said do you have anything you wish to say? and i said "yeah, will you help me dispose of the body?" lol that was the end of marriage counseling.

its amazing how codie i was. how young i was and foolish. but today. i am happy to have a program. good friends. and to be able to laugh.

anyone else ever said something so.. dumb it amazed you?
Old 06-21-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What was dumb? Bold maybe. Not dumb.

My bold moment- Dino used to spend a lot of time in the bathroom. He still does, but back then it was endless. One time one of his partners in crime and I were waiting on him to go somewhere. Partner-in-crime, thinking I was totally ignorant said "Boy, he sure spends a lot of time in the bathroom." I said "That's because he thinks if he gets high in the bathroom I won't know he's getting high." Partner-in-crime was very shocked.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

I'm pretty sure I've also asked a mental health professional that same basic thing - "Know any good ways to get rid of a body?"

Blue
Old 06-21-2004, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by quietsins

anyone else ever said something so.. dumb it amazed you?
Guess you don't read my posts *LOL*
Old 06-22-2004, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Quietsins,
Did the dr. at least give you any good pointers?
Old 06-22-2004, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Does asking for a divorce, having him say is that what you really want and then having a 7.1 earthquake hit count?
I thought that made it rather clear - NO MORE DRAMA! LOL
Old 06-22-2004, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My first face to face Al Anon meeting. I was a nervous wreck. It was a beginners meeting. We sat in a circle and started to go around the room to say who we were, why we were here, and how we were feeling.

I looked around and counted myself to be about 7th out of 9 people that were there. I started practicing in my head what I would say. How do I explain my situation in a few minutes? I love him, I want him back, but I hate the drinking. That he is in denial, he has done a few rehabs, but he always goes back to saying he doesn't have a problem. He is young, we are so happy sometimes, but he is so selfish. I had so much to say about how I wished I could make him see how he really is!

I wondered if I would cry when it came to me.

One by one each lady (and one guy) told their stories while I practiced mine in my head. One was married and working the program of detachment for years, one had a husband who was sober for 10 years and was now back in in-patient rehab as of the night before, one had a Mom who lied to her and took from her every chance she got, one had a wife who he just didn't understand and was so ashamed of that he lied at work. Some cried and couldn't speak at all...

They came to me and I had all my rehearsals in my head and I looked up for the first time and I said "Hi, my husband is my alcoholic... [I looked around the circle, at the lives described before me, and I said...] and I sure don't want him."

I was as shocked as the rest of the circle when that came out of my mouth! I was sure they'd throw me out! LOL (But of course they didn't.)