Notices

Back to work on Monday...

Old 02-07-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to work on Monday...

So, the time has finally come for me to go back to work on Monday. I'm starting a new job with a company I worked with a couple of years ago so at least there will be some familiar faces! Nerves have kicked in a bit this morning seeing as this is my last 'free' weekday.

Going to take it easy, try and relax and not think about things too much. Easier said than done for me but I'll give it a good go!

My first day is a course down in the London office. My brother lives there so I'm flying down at Sunday lunchtime and spending the rest of the day with him. It will be good to see him and not have a 5am alarm call on Monday. A total 'no brainer' as far as i'm concerned!

I would have had an extra 'worry' before. How much wine could I get in at the airport/on the plane and how many beers could I drink with my brother and still feel 'okay' on Monday morning? Without fail I would have got it wrong by at least a couple of pints and ended up feeling ****** on Monday and not wanting to talk to anyone.

Nerves aside I'm looking forward to being the best possible version of myself on Monday and seeing what happens!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Congrats on the new job Nightswimming! Yes, having some familiar faces around will help.

Like you say, it's so good to be able to get on a plane and meet up with family without obsessing over alcohol.

I don't know what the weather is like in Glasgow but London has been really windy and rainy recently, so you may want to pack a few extra umbrellas/waterproofs lol.

All the best for Monday. I think it's natural to feel nervous. Just remember - you are a sober superstar!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes next week nightswimming.

D
Old 02-07-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Louise. The weather in Glasgow has been terrible although the sun has made a rare appearance this morning! Will definitely pack a waterproof jacket in my bag

Thanks Dee!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm sure work will make much more sense without alcohol stealing parts of you and your life away

Bestwishes, m
Old 02-07-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Rooting for you, NightSwimming!