Notices

Abdominal bloating during withdrawal

Old 02-06-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Abdominal bloating during withdrawal

Thank God,I have been drinking once every 10-15 days for the last 4-5 months and when I drink I do not exceed 2-3 glasses .Although I do not seem to get any withdrawals for 2 days,in the third day I get an extreme abdominal bloating and the blood pressure rises.My stomach/intestines are full of gas and when I get rid of all that gas,my bp gets back to normal.Although my doctor says it is still withdrawal(late withdrawal I think),when I did not used to drink in my young times,I still had abdominal bloating with high bp reading whenever I had anxiety!

Anyone here with same abdominal bloating problem?I usually have a normal bp but it only rises with this bloating (it can be 180/70) and then everything is ok when bloating goes away,mostly with sedatives.İt is not scary except high bp.Just wondering if anyone here has a similar problem.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

kindling effect withdrawals i would say
Old 02-06-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
kindling effect withdrawals i would say
Never heard of this before!Can you explain it please?
Old 02-06-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

when a heavy drinker quits..even after the initial withdrawal....certain withdrawal symptoms can occur during a light relapse..(one night of 5 drinks or so)and also every withdrawal will be worse then the previous
Old 02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had terrible bloating when I quit.....
Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

when a heavy drinker quits..even after the initial withdrawal....certain withdrawal symptoms can occur during a light relapse..(one night of 5 drinks or so)and also every withdrawal will be worse then the previous
5 drinks (depending on alcohol content of course!) everyday with hard stuff ,yeah!But I've had this for nearly 28 years in even those years I was not drinking!So it can't be only due to drinking!But I strongly believe drinking triggers it!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cengiz View Post
5 drinks (depending on alcohol content of course!) everyday with hard stuff ,yeah!But I've had this for nearly 28 years in even those years I was not drinking!So it can't be only due to drinking!But I strongly believe drinking triggers it!
I consider 1 drink one normal glass of wine one 12 oz beer or one shot of 80 proof liquor...my withdrawal was mainly kindling...it's like a triggered withdrawal...you were sort of a periodic binge drinker like me and while our first withdrawal can be like nothing..we are more prone to kindling
Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I consider 1 drink one normal glass of wine one 12 oz beer or one shot of 80 proof liquor...my withdrawal was mainly kindling...it's like a triggered withdrawal...you were sort of a periodic binge drinker like me and while our first withdrawal can be like nothing..we are more prone to kindling
So, if we divede the word ''kindling'' into two,then we have ''kind'' and ''ling''İf we omit the latter one,then we have a ''kind'' withdrawal then!!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

And smoking makes it much worse!!Because when I do not smoke the next day after drinking,I have no symptoms at all!