An update...

Old 02-05-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An update...

Last time I started a thread, I was leaving WA state to stay with my parents when my hubby walked out of his 2nd rehab in six months. Well, he got through the rehab and now has 110 days clean from heroin and all other substances.

I'm back home, living in our house, while he stays in an Oxford house. I'm glad to be back and I'm doing my best to focus on me. I work for CPAs so our busy season is gearing up, which is good because I barely have time to think during tax season about anything other than taxes, work, etc.

I am taking it day by day, some better than some (which I've learned is NORMAL) but having more good days than bad. I am starting with a new therapist tomorrow and hope to get back into alanon soon. I do wish there were more naranon meetings in my area.

I have no idea what will happen in my or our future, but I'm learning to accept that. Planning for whatever.

"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift."

Thinking of you all often. Thanks for being there for me in my down and out moments.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear! Welcome back.....just in time for a big parade! You'll be busy for the next few months I suspect. Take care of you!

You and your husband will be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 02-06-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow, i could only find ONE Naranon meeting in the Seattle area...however, there are a BOATLOAD of Alanon meetings!

http://www.seattle-al-anon.org/Meeti...ty_Seattle.php
Old 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck in your search, I hope you find wat you need. Take care of you, you are the only one you have
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I admire your dedication to your husband. ...song springs to mind...by loretta lynn...stand by your man.....my bf is a h user.....i understand only this ...i love him....thru good times and bad. Sickness and health.....i hope your future is positive with him and he stays on his path of recovery. ...h is ....,the devil in my opinion....