Family Drug Support

Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Family Drug Support

Family Drug Support - Family Drug Support Australia
This is an Australian, not for profit, nor a 12 step nor a religious based 24 hour support organisation.

Family Drug Support was formed in 1997 after it's founder Tony Trimingham lost his son to a heroin overdose. Bereft, Tony felt frustrated by the general apathy and ignorance of his own experience.

I wanted to add this link as an option for extra support for family and friends of their loved ones suffering from addiction.
I am a member of this organisation as my son suffers from marijuana and prescription pain medication addiction (oxycontin)
There is an option to become a member for $20 per year if you want the monthly newsletter. It is not mandatory to get assistance or support.

FDS offer regular support meetings run by volunteers who they themselves have a love one or were once suffered from addiction.
There is also a 24 hour support line.
FDS also offer free education courses for family and friends. These course are attended by not only us but also addiction health care workers, hostel, welfare and social workers.

Have a look through, I would love your feedback.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just for your information, this site has been reviewed by the moderators here and the link has been allowed this one time. It actually seems like a good group and I'd love to hear from anyone who has used this program.

There is no cost to participate in that site, the member fees are only for those who want additional newsletters and information and we ruled that it is not a commercial site.

Ann
SR Moderator