They can always find a way....

Old 02-05-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They can always find a way....

I was inspired to throw this out there after reading readerbabies post on her bad morning. She had mentioned that her husband biked to his court date and the weather was pretty crappy. I thought that said a lot too.

It made me think if this........for any codie who is stressing over how their A husband, wife, bf, gf, or child will ever be able to get anywhere without a license, car or whatnot please do not feel you need to be a taxi or let them use a vehicle if you have reservations as to them being sober or not....

My xabf had no way to get around after my car was no longer an option.
He had to take care of his own crap and found out that our county human services department would issue FREE monthly city bus passes. He now can go anywhere his heart desires!

Just another option to give someone who uses the 'I had no way to get there' quack
Old 02-05-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

sure. A's are VERY resourceful.

IF they can find a way to drink (duh, huh?)

THEN they can find a way to do most anything else.

THEREFORE it is generally best if we just let them.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I read that up to 70% of those with no drivers license due to DUI's continue to drive with no license. Alcoholics feel like the rules do not apply to them.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I heard my unemployed ex who lost his license for 2 years takes taxi’s to his doctor(s) appointments and of course all his pharmacy's to pick up his pills…………….guess taxi’s don’t run to places of employment or rehabs or 12 step meetings.

Yes they certainly do find ways to get exactly what they want.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A man got a DUI in my town. He had replace his windshield wiper fluid with Vodka. He blew a .25 BAC and was charged with open liquor. An alcoholic will always find a way to drink.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep - RAH has been biking everywhere since losing his license a couple of months ago. Court, attorney meetings, probation check ins, AA meetings, etc. Sometimes he can arrange rides with buddies or fellow AA members. Sometimes he manages getting there on his bike (or I drop him off on my way by) & then they pick him up after he is done. He has no choice - I can't be the only wage-earner in the household & take time off every few days to run him around, nor am I signing up for all of that. This is HIS mess to clean up, he'll figure it out. Or he won't.