Notices

Day 3. Feel like crap

Old 02-05-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3. Feel like crap

I still feel like crap-no energy, headache, body ache, depressed, anxious. I'm so worried I've done damage to my body. I tried to make a dr appt yesterday and haven't heard back from them. I hope nothing's wrong with me. I need to stay off google I guess.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go to the hospital.....
Old 02-05-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, try and stay off Web MD, it'll only scare you. I mean, it's good to do some research if you feel a certain way and to see if you can try to figure out what the problem is, but, in my experience, it just made my anxiety worse. Keep trying to make an appointment with a doctor. Once you see a doctor and they check you out, you'll feel like you're in good hands (as you should be) and they will suggest wags to make you get better. Hope you get well soon . And remember, the alcohol will not solve this, it'll only make it worse for you in the long run.

If you are that concerned, then head the the hospital like the other user suggested. I always felt better when I was close to a doctor when feeling dehydrated or just not right at all.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SeaScape

Hang in there! Just don't drink and things will get better...slowly...and you can have the piece of mind knowing that you did the best thing for yourself moving forward!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

a bigger mistake than quitting cold turkey and not going to the doctor is

going on google.

Go to Doctor or ER.
PLEASE

My worst withdrawl was at day 4 (but everyone is different) of course
Old 02-05-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am definitely not drinking. I'd rather be shot in the face at this point. I can't go to the er. I don't want a huge bill and I think my anxiety is just getting the best of me. It would be nice if I could get ahold of my doctor tho! I'm so frustrated.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, I get what you're saying about the ER. Find something that calms you down, obviously, not alcohol, but, watch a funny movie, watch TV, read a book, whatever. Even if it's just lying down for a bit. And keep trying with the doctor.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm on day three too. Irritable, headach, anxious. Sucks! And I can say to myself a drink will make that all go away, but looking at the huge bruise on my leg from falling over the weekend makes me realize that quitting is better than doing more damage to my body.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jill23 View Post
I'm on day three too. Irritable, headach, anxious. Sucks! And I can say to myself a drink will make that all go away, but looking at the huge bruise on my leg from falling over the weekend makes me realize that quitting is better than doing more damage to my body.
I know this has been said before but remember that drinking will only make your current situation worse in the long run. And the only way to feel better is to stop drinking. End that cycle.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I remember day 3 as being the worst. Just like you described. Drink lots of water, take some naps, treat yourself well. Get to a doctor if you feel like there is something seriously wrong, otherwise, know that this will pass and you'll be feeling a lot better soon. Hang in there!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Brit - It gets way better! Early days are really difficult but with each victory the days get better. Stay off the web...don't google and don't WebMD... I went down that path and the anxiety was driving me out of my mind. Much like what you stated you're dealing with. Keep after your doctor, going to see him/her and discussing how your feeling is the right thing to do. As others have stated, and you know, a drink wont help. Don't beat yourself up about what you may have done. Liver is the one organ we have that does regenerate.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Finally got ahold of the dr. Can't get in until next week :/ Definitely not going to drink. I don't even want to. I just wanna feel better
Old 02-05-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Remember to stay hydrated! Hope everything goes well with the Dr. Next week. Trust me, once you're in the hands of a Dr. you'll feel much better.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Brit - Alex is spot on! Lots of water. Everyone is different, I had horrible anxiety and worried about every ache or pain. Had an extra visit to the dr because had a breathing problem where I couldn't get a deep breath. Turns out...anxiety and hyperventilation. I was taking my bp and pulse multiple times a day, Dr told me Stop that... I did...and felt better. However, everyone is different and if you feel you need to see your doctor don't wait the week if you feel you have to see a doctor. The odds are each day will feel a bit better...hang in there and Very Glad to hear you have no desire to drink. that is a HUGE accomplishment
Old 02-05-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Also...milk thistle helps big time. B-12 vitamins, folic acid and yes....lots of water.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

day 3 is the worst. Remember....you are over the hump. You will begin to feel better from here.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The couple of times I had to detox my body I drank Gatorade and tried to rest and eat! Lots of carbs and proteins... My anxiety and hypochondria go thru the roof when I am coming off a bad drinking binge and I think that can feed into it.... Breathe pray rest and try to distract yourself with a good movie or funny tv show... I am on day three this time around and I still don't feel 100% yet.. Still kinda shakey and anxious and my stomach still feels a bit gross but I went to the store today and cooked a ton of comfort foods for myself and the kids... Roasted chicken and beef stew and of course my absolute favorite thing ICE CREAM!!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Defiantely stay off google. We spend years abusing our bodies with the alcohol, we don't get better overnight.

Your body will heal it just takes a little time. You will start feeling better, you won't feel like this forever.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Your body will begin feeling normal soon!!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac sometimes too so that doesn't help. Feeling more irritable than anxious at the moment. I think I'm just going to drink some hot tea and go to bed early. I'm just going to make myself hit the gym tomorrow. That always helps. I'm going to go to a meeting too. Sick of having crappy days.