Notices

Made my first step towards sobriety

Old 02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Made my first step towards sobriety

I need to stop binge drinking. I go for weeks and then somehow I get the craving for a beer or wine and I indulge and then I get all down on myself. I just feel so sick about it. I could cry.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Know how ya feel. It's good that you've discovered it is not a good thing. When I first started, I didn't think anything was wrong with binging. I went along with the whole "I'm young" and "You only live once" crap. Not a good place to be. Remind yourself of the long term health effects it will have on you. The liver, heart, brain etc.

I would also stop for a little bit but then get the craving for some kind of alcohol too. It's a day to day thing really.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have to get to the point that you want sobriety deep down in your cells . . . You have to want it in easy times and in bad times, when it seems like a drink is your only friend. After getting through some of the tough moments, you will get your bearings and start building some "Sober Confidence."

I have tried to re-evaluate my life choices, my routines, literally everything in my life so that I can protect my sobriety.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Lightbulb It feels so good to express myself

This helps get all those negative thought that are spinning around in my head. I always tell myself that feeling lousey is not worth the drinking. But when I feel good I want to feel better so I drink. Then I say no more but, go back to the drink. I really want to stay away from the poison. I'm not happy with myself. I should treat myself better. I have to take better care of me. One day at a time.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
This helps get all those negative thought that are spinning around in my head. I always tell myself that feeling lousey is not worth the drinking. But when I feel good I want to feel better so I drink. Then I say no more but, go back to the drink. I really want to stay away from the poison. I'm not happy with myself. I should treat myself better. I have to take better care of me. One day at a time.
Sounds just the way I was. You can turn it around xxxx
Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There's a lot of support here. Use it to help yourself get and stay sober. You can do this!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chloe

I think support makes a lot of difference - it's a game changer to have somewhere else to turn when the urge comes upon you.

why not join our Class of February support thread?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2014-a-6.html

D