Courage To Change 02/04/2013

Old 02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 02/04/2013

Sometimes when I'm unhappy with my situation, I feel that God is punishing me. Once again I've lost my image of a loving God and need to recover it.
It helps to call my Sponsor, who reminds me that God is not a terrorist. I read Al-Anon literature and go to extra meetings. Mostly I walk beside the river and talk with God about how afraid I am. I watch the water and thank God for the good things in my life: Al-Anon recovery, the gift of the Twelve Steps, creativity and the joy I have in expressing it, my loving Al-Anon family. After I've talked it through, I sit and wait until I feel God's healing touch reassuring me, drying my tears.
The funny thing is that, after I'm through those hard times, I never truly remember the pain. What I remember is the sunshine on the water, the peace of the moment, the love of my Higher Power wrapping around me as tangibly as the sunshine. The pain is gone, but the increased trust in my Higher Power remains.

Today's Reminder

When faced with difficult or painful situations, I can remember that a loving God is always here for me, always available as a source of comfort, guidance, and peace.

"No one is alone if they've come to believe in a Power greater than themselves."
~Sponsorship - What It's All About
Old 02-04-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Carlotta, you are getting way to optimistic to your avatar

I do hope you are right.