Long Time

Old 02-03-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long Time

It has been a while since I've been here as I'm without internet connection. Obviously, I found a connection to get here though and wanted to stop in and say hello and check in.

Some might recall that I am an addict in recovery (May 10th, 1992) as is my wife who had a bit of a rough road the last couple of years. Normally I try to refrain from giving updates on my addict but not this time. A bit over four months ago my clean but struggling wife cried herself to sleep begging whoever was out there for help. A new woman crawled out of bed in the morning.

The obsession is gone. I have difficulty sleeping through the night (health problems) and often found her up and restless through the night. I still find her up but in four months I've never found her up without a recovery book in her hands, doing step work or meditating. Any addict can relapse but those who make it do what she is doing today.

As for me, life really couldn't be better. Over the last year I've become physically disabled and while that is challenging, I am no longer emotionally, socially or spiritually disabled and so if asked, I would have happily made this trade.

I can't work according to my doctors and I think they're right, but I can still type and ten days ago I sent a novel to my publisher and am awaiting a response. If he is anywhere as excited about the content as he was about hearing from me, I'll soon have some income after all.

Anywho, life is good, so am I and I hope that each and every one of you is in a place where you can see the blessings in your lives.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The spiritual turnaround is the foundation of recovery, and thank you, Legna, for this story of its power.

Good luck with the book!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a nice post full of hope and recovery!

Thank you for sharing this. I wish you both the very best of luck and continued recovery!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with EnglishGarden....the spiritual turnaround and humbleness involved is what it often takes.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks legna......good to hear from you again! This was a great post to open today. Thank you!

hugs
ke
Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you, legna!