Notices

Keith Urban Concert

Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keith Urban Concert

I made the decision to sell off my Keith Urban tickets to the concert in Nashville that was last night. I think I'm too soon in sobriety to go to music city where it is literally a drinking town. I bought the tickets and planned the trip when before my new found kick ass sober life. So.... to drown the sadness of missing out on a totally fun adventure and seeing the sexiest man alive perform, my husband and I decided to go for a couples massage instead. I bet someone like Keith Urban would have given anything to swap places with me and take his beautiful wife to get a couples massage in private and relax. Then we had Mexican food out and came home and watched demented movies on Netflix and had some 'romance'. BEST part of it all was waking up at home in our own bed with our adorable dogs and just enjoying Sunday now. Gona make our own fried chicken wings and enjoy SuperBowl Funday!!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
30yrdrunk

Sunshine,

Sounds like a wise decision. I am 7 weeks in and would have a tough time going to Nashville. I may be able to avoid drinking but I'd be uncomfortable. I can imagine a time in the future when I would be able to go anywhere and do anything without reservation.

Have a wonderful day.

TC
Old 02-02-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sounds like you two had a great evening.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

FYI, Keith Urban is in recovery from a drinking problem and has been very open about it.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey sunshine.....you made a wise decision, but it had to have been HARD. KU is not only the sexiest man alive, he's the best musical performer I've ever seen (note my username...lol).

Happy Sunday!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes he is Shannon. I just love his story and he inspires me that there is hope after addiction/alcoholism... A living testament that sober is NOT boring. lol
Old 02-02-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you had a great night anyway Sunshine - I'm sure there'll be other KU concerts too

D
Old 02-02-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There'll always be more Keith Urban concerts!! . . . making such a decision took great strength!!