Happy Father's Day to All Dads Here

Old 06-20-2004, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Happy Father's Day to All Dads Here

Happy Father's Day to all. I am wishing you happy father's day because it sounds like some need it and because my father didn't appreciate the gift and card from me and I know that here it is unconditional love. Thanks for all that make my day brighter the post that you all leave.
Love,
Shana, 18 daughter of an alcoholic.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thanks shana. i'm sure your dad appreciated your card, he may be unable to express that though. In any event thankyou for wishing us all well on our special day.
Keith
Old 06-20-2004, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
"Never give up on your dreams"

Shana, It is not about the gift it is the way the gift was given...I think your Dad didn't feel he deserved a gift from you for Father's Day...When a person drinks we are not happy with ourselves...We don't like to be praised for the things we do because we don't feel worthy...Shana you are loved by your Father he is just caught up in a horrible bondage right now...The shame of it is keeping him bound up and stopping him from expressing feelings of love to the ones that he is the closest too....Shana you gave your Father his gift out of love ...So never feel bad...One day with the Grace of God your Father will see what an awesome young woman he has raised...and he will say thank you to you...Shana keep hoping and believing...Casting your dreams and your burdens at the feet of God...We can't change anyone else but ourselves...Shana I think you are a wonderful young woman...I love you Shana....Jilly