Notices

Just craving sleep

Old 02-01-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

Just craving sleep

I'm back at that stage again. The first few days I could not sleep at all. Maybe 2 hours over the first 3 days. Then I hit that point (days 4/5) where I would toss and turn, then sleep well. A week and a half in now, I can't get enough sleep. This happens every time. I went to bed last night and got 6 hours. Felt fine, then started to crash and decided on a 'nap'. My 1 hour 'nap' turned into a 3 hour deep sleep crash, and when I got up I literally had to drag myself out of bed.

It's not very surprising considering the abuse I've put my body through. I rarely decided to go to sleep as much as I passed out or blacked out. On the rare occasion that I did decide to sleep, it was usually from drinking way too early and crashing in the middle of the day, only to either 1) wake up in time to get more, or 2) wake up in the middle of the night unsure of what time it was.

At any rate, I feel well rested and that's a very positive thing.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are feeling rested, it takes a long time for our bodies to recover from all the damage we,did to it by drinking. Have you seen a doctor at all to get bloodwork and a general exam? It wouldn't hurt just to make sure.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you good rest Is a blessing and a great way to repair the mind body and soul
Old 02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now that I'm sober I love waking up in my bed. I never used it much when I was drinking. I slept a lot at first but at 130 + days sober I'm feeling much more energetic, staying up later. Getting rest, sleeping is probably the best thing you can do for yourself right now. The body knows what it needs, more rest, no booze.