Notices

It could be worse.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool It could be worse.

Yesterday I went and had my first month of the Vivitrol injection. Today I got a call from my doctor that my thyroid levels are way off. Everything else is normal.

I should be happy that things are this good. But now all I can think is that no wonder I haven't lost weight. I am trying. But because of how I treated my body for months and months, now I am overweight and uncomfortable..and my thyroid is off...which will make it hard to lose.

Between the addictions doctor (who gives the injection), a substance abuse therapist, a psychologist (that I will see in an hour) and a holistic doctor (that I will see tonight), I am overwhelmed. Mad at myself and exhausted from running around to doctors.

Today is day 13. I am happy about that.

But just feeling like what the heck am I supposed to do NOW? I feel so empty and angry at myself. I keep trying to stay positive..and it works mostly.

But if I am to remain fat and gross because I screwed up my entire metabolism, then I don't know how I will cope with that.

Sorry to be so complainey and annoying. I'm just so frustrated. And who knows what my psychiatist will want to put me on..and if it makes me GAIN weight. Ugh.

What do I do now????

I feel lost. And sad. And like I might cry. But I am at work.

:(
Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you think you are expecting results too soon? Our bodies change and heal slowly, and generally, we got sick rather slowly. I made myself sick with alcohol over a very long period of time. I had elevated liver levels and early liver damage, I had broken facial veins, diabetes, (probably alcohol related), chronic stomach problems, etc. etc.

The first two years of sobriety I didn't even worry about my sugar intake, my high blood cholesterol, nothing. I was so happy to be sober that I didn't really care. But, finally I started to work on my self and it CAN happen.
My diabetes is gone: I eliminated sugar and brought my levels back to normal. My weight, way, way down. I eliminated fast carbs.
I'm a lot healthier than before, but it takes time. Hang in there: recovery is a journey, not an event. You can make it. You've probably heard this, but it's helpful, one day at a time.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry about your thyroids levels being way off. That is good you are seeing Doc in an hour. Tell them about how you are feeling and see what options you have to get yourself feeling great and get your body back to a healthy state. I am Personal Trainer and I have many clients that fight so hard to lose weight or gain due to thyroid. I help elevate levels in the body as well as homeopathic meds, amino acids Aloe Vera, and eating a consistent healthy diet. Low fat, low cholesterol, and reduce your wheat intake. By doing this it can alter the metabolism to get back to functioning properly.
You can message me if you would like some tips or diet regimen. I was also certified dietician years ago. Lots of foods can help you lose weight and alter metabolism.
Stay strong. Awesome on day 13.