Notices

Day 2

Old 01-30-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Made it through yesterday....barely. It was hour-by-hour -- for a few minutes I'd feel OK, then I'd feel like crap again and couldn't stop thinking about using.

So I am at work and am going to try to focus on the tasks at hand as best I can.

I have an appointment with my priest (I'm greek orthodox) this afternoon. It's actually about something completely different - he has no idea that I have a drug problem. I don't know whether to bring it up with him or not. We don't know one another very well yet...and I am kinda nervous about religious authority figures in general. But I also could use someone to talk to. No one in my life knows about my drug problem - not even my husband.

Thanks for listening.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

A priest is good, though they may not know much about addiction and recovery. How bout talking to fellow addicts in the fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous? I know you want to keep you addiction a secret, but addiction thrives in the dark of secrecy.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know you are right - I am sooooo nervous about NA though! I live in a small town and I work with young people. I am really nervous about running into people I know or some of the young people I work with. Maybe that's just me being a big old coward!