Notices

plus help

Old 01-30-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

plus help

Hello,

I have a fiancé who decided to get help 4 months ago and is in a 6 month program. While on his recovery path he didn't want our son and myself there since he needed to focus on himself. So we moved out.

Ever since it has been a wild roller coaster. One day he loves me and now he seeing someone else. He stop going to his 3-4 meetings a week. He barely makes it to one. I've ask him to get back on track for our son but he thinks he has it under control. He says he feels better everyday and his family n friends support him. Am I the only one who thinks he needs the meetings and the 12 steps?
Old 01-30-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ChristinaStar - welcome

I'm really sorry for your situation, but I know you'll find help and support here from people who've been there.

Sadly sometimes the people we love make decisions we can;t see the sense of, I'd tend to agree with you that it doesn't sounds like he has much under control at all - but it could be a long wait until he admits that to himself.

Apart from joining us do you have any support at all?

D
Old 01-30-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Dee74!! Yes I've been going to alanon and my own counseling sessions. But I recently gave up on our relationship since He is mean and heartless wit me.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

AlAnon is a great resource and yeah - as you say, I hope he can get it together to be there for your son

D
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alanon is great! But I just need to move forward for my son and I. I want to be there for him but he continues to hurt me and pushes me alway.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As an addict, the one thing I realize I am in control over when it comes to my addiction is that the only hope I have is to never drink again. I feel your fiance is putting himself at risk if he believes he has things under control. One of the essential parts of recovery is being humble and accepting our limitations... we aren't perfect and until we realize this, it's gonna be a rocky road.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi. I feel you're making a logical yet difficult choice. I have very high regard for Al Anon and the help they offer to those hurting as you are. If you stick with it at least you can end up sane in a topsy turvy situation.

BE WELL
Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I guess I want to help him but he doesn't want my help anymore. I need to let things be.