Can feel the explosion coming

Old 01-30-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can feel the explosion coming

So ah hasnt had a drink for 5 days and it has been stressful due to other reasons. I know hes going to explode tommorrow. Will probably drink as it is payday too. Can smell the anger brewing either way. Just venting
Old 01-30-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stoic

Come back and let us know what happened? At the least, it will help to purge the stress from your mind, getting it out in writing.
And if nothing happens, all the better! =D
Old 01-30-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello dessy,

So what plans do YOU have for tomorrow? Can you make it to the library or your favorite coffee shop? Remember, you don't have to be around when the implosion happens!
Old 01-30-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Hello dessy,

So what plans do YOU have for tomorrow? Can you make it to the library or your favorite coffee shop? Remember, you don't have to be around when the implosion happens!
That's right Dessy! You do not need to purchase tickets to this event!

So what are you going to do for you?
Old 01-30-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It wont implode till night time so the day is full of appointments and kids at school. No where to go at night but hide in the kids playroom snd play games with the 5 yr old.so tonight it is my fault the eldest who is 24 wont txt him and i should be able to make her. Yep i can control her.she wont txt him cause he was rude to her though she does give him alot of verbal abuse herself as she is so angry with him. I cant blame her for not wanting to talk too him

Last edited by dessy; 01-30-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sorry. Do you have any family near by?
Old 01-30-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No mum died in march 2012, my dad just married a chick 37, hes 72 and wont talk to me now and my brother is terminally ill in care
Old 01-30-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dessy, I am sorry. What you can do for you is to put a plan in place. Set small goals to work towards independence from him. If he gets dangerous have him removed from your home. Put a plan in place of how you can get him out of your home when he acts this way.

It won't happen over night but if you get help and work baby steps it can happen.

Hugs.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We certainly both know you have zero control or influence over your adult daughter's relationship with her father. Sounds to me, like some of his life choices are beginning to catch up with him.

Your husband's unrealistic expectation, that you , can somehow micromanage their troubled relationship is nuts. You didn't cause this, he did. I would simply avoid that topic of conversation with him.

I hope you can find the strength to detach from his nonsense.

I can remember, being all comfy, reading my book, XA is on repeat with his blah, blah, blah, and I just kept on reading my book, until he wore himself out and passed out in the chair.

And of course it was the same story in the morning, "I only had two beers last night" umm , bullsh*t, you LIAR. BUT it was empowering to know, I did not HAVE to engage.

Choice is a very powerful tool, use it to your advantage, my friend.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

He storming around angry as hell no alcohol though as told him he couldnt have any here. So im hiding arm but im mean cause i wont support him or let him buy alcohol. Quack
Old 01-31-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

All calm now ah watching tv eating dinner with son. Thank god. Was touch and go but explosion extinguished for now
Old 01-31-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

dessy,
I would love to "talk to you" if possible, about your 24 year old. I have a 18 stb 19 that is in the same shoes as yours. They both really bring out the "co" in me. Could I pm you?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dessy....glad you see it for what it was...quack!

Glad too it was not as bad as you thought it may be!

Hope you have a peaceful weekend!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So what do we do when we feel their rage building?
First a poker face. Don't let him see that he gets to you.
Honestly it would be better to say it outright--I see your rage building, let's talk, but if you know he's a brick wall and there's no pounding your through it, or he's going to blow just from bringing it up, then you have to stay silent.
If anybody has a way to break through the brick wall please share...

Next how can we not have such a strong reaction to their rage building?
I think it might help you to remember just who's turf that house is most of the time. You run that house, take care of the little one, see that those basic needs are met for everybody like clean clothes or a meal.
So walk around like it's your turf...with confidence...because it is your turf.
You're the woman of your house. You run it in many ways. Don't forget that.
You don't have to go as far as inviting a stand off of who has more power, but you sure can confidently stand there like you belong there because you do! And you don't have to quiver with fear over his current mood.
Show just a little confidence in who you are. You have a right to be there, and to feel good in your home.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by changeneeded View Post
dessy,
I would love to "talk to you" if possible, about your 24 year old. I have a 18 stb 19 that is in the same shoes as yours. They both really bring out the "co" in me. Could I pm you?
No problem pm away