Notices

Good God man...

Old 01-30-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good God man...

Good God man, what are you doing? That's the thought that ran through my mind just before I found this place.

I've been drinking for years. At this moment, it's 11:33 AM over here. I started drinking last night. Beer and wine. And I just placed an order for there being food and a sixpack to be delivered.

I stayed up all night, partially passed out and am looking forward to the new sixpack arriving.

I'm a mess. How do I get out of this?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Joff I felt like you did - I couldn't see a way out or an end to things but I can honestly say, you've found the best website on the planet, to help you
Old 01-30-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome, Joff xxxx
Old 01-30-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
The way out is to stop drinking.
I drank like you. Time of day never meant anything to me. Morning, Noon or night. I drank.
I would drink around the clock for days, stopping only to pass out. Then, to awaken with the bottle on my night stand and start all over again.

I know the thought of quiting can be daunting, but many of us here are doing it in different ways.
I hope you find support here and feel free to post as often as you like. Stopping drinking, and I was a bad drunk, can be done. I hope you find the way.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR.

Originally Posted by joff552 View Post
I'm a mess. How do I get out of this?
By doing different things than the ones that got you into this.

Best of Luck in the Fight of Your Life.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Glad you here! In answer to your question.... just start. Do something, anything. Make a decision to not drink for one minute, one hour, one day. Start stacking those moments in time and see how far you can get. Come here, post, get feedback (see you have already started and didn't know it!!) Just start. The rest will come little by little.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome to SR. I was trapped and tormented for years.

Only embracing sobriety gave me freedom. I thought i was a lost cause, turns out that was another thing I was wrong about.

Glad you are here
Old 01-30-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Appreciate the responses.

This is ridiculous. I started drinking last night. Wine, beer, another bottle of wine and now, at 12:28 my time I'm about to finish the bottle of wine and then will go on to another sixpack of beer. I didn't sleep at all.

If you think this is at all tempting, you're wrong. It is terrible. I can't face my family this way. I can't do anything this way. It is hell on earth.

After finishing the booze I've got, I will quit. I want that beautiful life that's out there. The sun is shining, it's beautiful out here. Yet I feel isolated and awkward when I go out drunk. Is this familiar to anyone?

Since typing has become a habit for me from early childhood, I am used to it. So I might not come across as drunk. But I'm pissed. Almost at the point you've drunk so much that it seems like you're sober. Is it just me, or is this a common experience?

This needs to end. It serves no purpose anymore. Tomorrow, Jan. 31 will be my day 1. Today it can't be since I've been drinking. But from tomorrow on, my life will be different. The thought of it is a relief. And living clean will be such a relief.

Fortunately, I'm good at leaving things behind me. Yes, it has cost me thousands of dollars. Yes, it has affected my environment. But that will pass. As I become the sober me, it will be all right.

God, there's a wine stain in my bed. Passed out drinking once. My life in all areas is a mess. I'm looking forward to the positive life.

Alright, about to pass out drunk for the last time. Talk to you soon!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joff - I think making a day one is a great idea. It all gets better from there

Welcome to SR

D
Old 01-30-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support. I feel welcomed here. Makes me feel secure.

One last thing before I truly black out, I'm going in phases right now. But I want to say, this is no way to live. Any sane person can spot a problem and this is one.

To illustrate, I started drinking last night and now it's 1:04 PM over here. I passed out for a while last night but didn't sleep. Now I'm drinking again. This is no way to live.

I need to vent, I admit. But only when I'm aware enough to do so.

For the next couple of days, I'm just going to tell people I'm sick. Then I'll come back sober and life will be better.

And... This might sound like a joke but it isn't: how do you get a wine stain that's dried up out of your mattress? My sheets did pretty well in the laundry, but there's some residue there too. I just like to get it clean.

Be well all. Jan. 31st next year will be my 1 year sober. Though I'm not much on counting, I just want to be sober, period.

Now I'm going to start my new sixpack, idiot that I am... And after one or two I'll be gone. So I'll post again after that. Which will most likely be the 31st.

And really, help with wine stains would really help. Just to get rid of the reminders along with just liking things being clean.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Joff and welcome! I don't know much about getting stains out, but I can assure you that I have had a lot LESS of them since I got sober (and bruises, and hangovers, and embarrassment………..).
Old 01-30-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Joff - how about getting some water down you and saving those beers for 'emergencies'
Have a good read around and please keep posting - as I said, it's a brilliant site and even has arcade games (which I wish I hadn't found as I'm getting nothing else done)

You can do this - Nothing and I mean NOTHING worked for me, until I found this site Xx
Old 01-30-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found us. Welcome! Also, pour out that six pack, take a shower and go to bed. Why not start now! Pouring out that beer will enpower you.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
My wagon's in the mud.

Hello Joff

Thank you for your post. I'm on day 28 sober, and your description of what's happening today brought me right back to the many nights I stayed up alone with a bottle. Early morning trips to the supermarket to stock up, trying desperately to appear 'normal'.

It seemed you want off this merry-go-round. My only suggestion is to finish what your doing and sleep for awhile, then make a plan to stop. Read posts here, you'll get great insights from people struggling just like you. I'm using AV (AVRT) which I'm finding really helpful, but there are other approaches/tools you might find helpful.

(Oxygen bleach will take care of the wine stain.)

Hold in there, you can escape this nightmare. Best of luck.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

welcome Joff....

c'mon back when you wake up / sober up and let's talk.

You don't have to do this anymore.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome, Joff. YOu're right, it does get better - there is a beautiful life out there, and you deserve to live it.